ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

firefox preloader

(1/2) > >>

gorinw13:
this  is a useful utility... what it does is that it preloads firefox in the windows startup just like the internet explorer does and firefox starts faster when you launch it...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffpreloader

f0dder:
It's bullshit saying the IE is preloaded (office is, though).

I wish people would focus on removing the bottlenecks and stupidities from FireFox instead of coming up with symptomatic treatment like this.

gorinw13:
no arguments here as I am not a computer geek...... just slightly better than a novice...... found this relatively new and shared here.....

Curt:
don't take it personnally, gorinw13, f0dder is just not much of a fan of the Christmas season, I guess, if I should try to be polite. Just bad luck that Christmas goes on until Easter... they say.

I was using this Preloader from time to time for half a year, but now I have realized that FF is faster WITHOUT the Preloader, because it doesn't take advantage of Vista's superfetch.

gorinw13:

Thanks Curt.... better I uninstall it..... why would I consume more RAM for something not useful..... thanks for the advise.....  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version