ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Question about my video card temperature

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
I know there are tools that can actually write their settings into the video card BIOS. Thought that Ntune or indeed RivaTuner could do such a thing.

Sorry, my bad.

Personally speaking, my head is totally not into overclocking. If I require the speed for anything in my PC I will get the components that can deliver by default. In general I carry the opinion that when you start overclocking, you deserve every trouble you get.

gexecuter:
So i though i'll give you guys a little update on what happened. finally i decided to simply reformat and install Windows again, not a subtle solution but hey it works most of the time. Instead of installing the newest drivers available for my video card i choosed to go with the ones that came on the CD.A quick run of GPU-Z confirmed that i made the right choice since the memory clocks were as they should. I think what happened is that the 170.24 forceware drivers overclocked my card without me knowing and caused the slowdowns (seriously WTF?) so i won't be installing that driver version anymore. It won't be a big loss since i didn't perceive any framerate improvement using the newest drivers so i am gonna go old school. I consider this matter closed so thanks everyone for the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version