topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Outpost 2009 – A lifetime license for 3 PCs for the price of a 1-year!  (Read 18643 times)

tn_dang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Agnitum’s New Year gift: Outpost 2009 – lifetime license for 3 PCs for the price of a 1-year!

As a gift for the Holidays of the Season, we’re launching an unprecedented offer for the period between December 22, 2008 and December 31, 2008!

Hurry up to purchase a lifetime license (including updates and support) of Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 or Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009, valid for three PCs, for the price of a 1-year license by the end of 2008!
By purchasing a 1-year license you receive eternal protection ensured by Outpost’s acclaimed features:
Advanced firewall for secure connections;
Combined antivirus* and antispyware for all-in-one malware defense;
Host protection to block zero-day threats;
Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threats;
Antispam* to automatically keep your inbox junk-free

* Only in Outpost Security Suite Pro.

Check out the offer to give yourself and your nearest ones an ever-important present of online safety and bulletproof PC defense.

The offer is valid until December 31, 2008. Take advantage!

Outpost Firewall Pro Lifetime License   $39.95   
Outpost Security Suite Lifetime License   $49.95   

http://www.agnitum.c...1year_price_2008.php

Note: I am not affiliated with the company.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hurry up to purchase a lifetime license (including updates and support) of Outpost Firewall Pro 2009

How are they defining lifetime? Theirs? Ours? Whichever comes first? Until they come out with a newer version and call it something else or otherwise rebrand it.?

And will that same license apply to "Pro 2010 and Pro 2011 when/if they come out?

After what FruityLoops pulled on me and a lot of other users, I'm suspicious of "lifetime" anything. Especially for antivirus/malware, firewall, and other security products. Lifetime licenses are bad for businesses whose product is continually updated and relies on subscriptions to maintain a revenue stream.

This is not a knock on Outpost. It's a fine product. But I'd still like to see some of the fine print before I'd believe buying this license would be the last one I'd ever need to buy.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Given that it's at the the current price for a 1 year/3 machine subscription, even with the questions about the details this is still probably a pretty good deal - if you're interested in Outpost.

I believe that when Outpost was first offered they gave a lifetime license - does anyone know if they are still honoring it or not?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 10:30 PM by mwb1100 »

myarmor

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
They refer to it as OFP/OSS 2009 at the moment, but any license works regardless of version as long as it is released before or within your subscription (which with a lifetime license never ends).

tn_dang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I believe that when Outpost was first offered they gave a lifetime license - does anyone know if they are still honoring it or not?

Yes, my lifetime license is still working since December 2001.

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This sounds like a good deal! I was leaning towards going for Best Firewall (http://www.tallemu.com/ ). They have a 15$ discount until 31 december (40$ - 15$ = 25$). But now I'm unsure. Anyone here who have experience from using both and can make a recommendation?

mwfuss

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
According to the Outpost site, this offer is now good until January 31, 2009.

The website has the following note regarding this offer:

Note! On purchasing these lifetime licenses you'll be able to use the same key for ALL future versions of Outpost Firewall Pro and Outpost Security Suite.

I would like to know what Outpost users think of the program. I remember reading that many longtime users were not pleased with recent versions. Does that still hold true? I am giving serious consideration to making this purchase, so existing user input would be greatly appreciated.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Personally I won't be tempted (though it looks like a good deal if you want Outpost).

I have been bitten by Outpost too many times in the past - every new version I tried seemed to be bug ridden as though they like to releases beta versions to the public and then sort out the mess.

Of course with a lifetime license I suppose you could wait to upgrade each time until the howls of frustration die down on the forums!

I found a much simpler solution that I am happy with - buy a router with a hardware firewall and then just use Windows Firewall on each computer. Why slow down every machine you use by adding overly complex and bug ridden security software.

The only other security software I run all the time is NOD32 on some machines and Avast (free) on others. Both have antivirus and antispyware components but are lightweight and don't seem to add much of an overhead.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Personally I won't be tempted (though it looks like a good deal if you want Outpost).

Unfortunately, I was tempted...........unfortunate in the regard that I now have slightly less money to spend  :(

However, I'm finding Outpost Security Suite to be rather good, the firewall rule creation is what swayed me to part with my not-so-hard-earned - it is very similar to PCTools Firewall, which I like.

It's unobtrusive, just popping up when a new program or suspect malware is detected.

And on the Settings->General page it says:

License Type:  Lifetime
Expires in:       Never

Overall, I'm happy, see->  :D

I found a much simpler solution that I am happy with - buy a router with a hardware firewall and then just use Windows Firewall on each computer. Why slow down every machine you use by adding overly complex and bug ridden security software.

I also run a router with a SPI firewall but I also want to know what's trying to get out of my PC.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you don't let bad things in you won't have bad things going out. Trouble is almost no firewall completely protects you from malware that is already on your system. If you allow your browser to access the internet it is pretty easy to craft a URL to post personal data to someone outside without a firewall even noticing.

Call me cynical but security apps in general areplaying a game of smoke and mirrors with users ...

By the way Vista's firewall has outgoing protection (FWIW).

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If you don't let bad things in you won't have bad things going out.

I didn't mention malware or similar, just that I want to know what's trying to get out.  eg. The strange way HP printer drivers can report printer usage to HP as well as other non-necessary communication.

Call me cynical but security apps in general areplaying a game of smoke and mirrors with users ...

Don't quote me but I've heard that Anti-Virus companies actually create the virii  ;)

By the way Vista's firewall has outgoing protection (FWIW).

Just too bad the whole OS is:

vomit-fake.jpg

tn_dang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have been bitten by Outpost too many times in the past - every new version I tried seemed to be bug ridden as though they like to releases beta versions to the public and then sort out the mess.

That's true with v4.0 and v2008.  So far, I have no problem with OFP v2009.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The offer is back, and again as a time limited offer. Maybe I should have told about it 'ages' ago, as the offer will expire in a few days; October 31, but I didn't, because it is only the firewall that is offered with 'life-time' license, and for your sake I was  w a i t i n g  and hoping for the Security Suite. The Suite is actually also on offer, but it is not a fantastic offer.

firewall.gif

http://www.agnitum.com/lp/autumn2009.php

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
...and for your sake I was  w a i t i n g  and hoping for the Security Suite. The Suite is actually also on offer, but it is not a fantastic offer.

I keep waiting for the suite to go back on a lifetime offer as well, but it seems that Agnitum is holding back. The firewall has been on offer for a long time, though, so it's no wonder it is getting ready to expire.

I did get a lifetime license to the suite back when it was offered. I debated whether or not to buy it all the way down to the wire, but I've been very pleased with it. Even better, now it's ten months later & I don't have to worry about my subscription lapsing in sixty days.

Rumor has it things are going to get even better with version 7.0 (Outpost Security Suite Pro 2010) as Agnitum is supposedly re-writing and re-optimizing everything.

tn_dang

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Monday, December 17, 2012

Try Outpost 8 and enjoy unlimited product updates for life

To celebrate the brand-new Outpost 8, Agnitum unveils a once-in-a-lifetime offer!

Get a perpetual license for Outpost Security Suite or Outpost Firewall Pro on 3 PCs for the price of a 1 year license. So you get unlimited updates and support for just $59.95 or $39.95, respectively.

A lifetime license means you pay just once and enjoy antivirus updates for as long as you use the product. Take advantage of this offer, get protected now and forever, and forget about annual renewals!

But don’t delay! The deadline is December 31, 2012.

As a reminder, these seasonal gifts are in celebration of a brand-new product line with a new exciting look, extended compatibility, and some handy new features.

Outpost 8 offers:
Totally reworked and more intuitive user interface
Full Windows 8 support
Extended HIPS for Outpost 64-bit versions

http://agnitumblog.b...pdates-for-life.html

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Monday, December 17, 2012

Try Outpost 8 and enjoy unlimited product updates for life

To celebrate the brand-new Outpost 8, Agnitum unveils a once-in-a-lifetime offer!

Get a perpetual license for Outpost Security Suite or Outpost Firewall Pro on 3 PCs for the price of a 1 year license. So you get unlimited updates and support for just $59.95 or $39.95, respectively.

A lifetime license means you pay just once and enjoy antivirus updates for as long as you use the product. Take advantage of this offer, get protected now and forever, and forget about annual renewals!

But don’t delay! The deadline is December 31, 2012.

As a reminder, these seasonal gifts are in celebration of a brand-new product line with a new exciting look, extended compatibility, and some handy new features.

Outpost 8 offers:
Totally reworked and more intuitive user interface
Full Windows 8 support
Extended HIPS for Outpost 64-bit versions

http://agnitumblog.b...pdates-for-life.html

-fantastic offer! Thanks for telling!  :up:

I already have a lifetime key for the Security Suite (for my desktop pc), but this offer is too good to miss; I totally want to take the offer, simply to already have a "free" suite when (if) I also get a laptop!

I am very satisfied with my Outpost Security Suite.  :-*

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Warning, pessimist at work!

What kind of track record does this company have regarding 'lifetime licenses'? Is the license for all versions of the suite, forever? Or just version X?

How about 'we stop putting out updates for old versions of the software; upgrade (with $$$) if you want more of your free updates' and so forth?

Throughout the years, I've started seeing 'lifetime licenses' as an early indicator of a new 'replacement' product version coming out that won't be covered by said license.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dear pessimist. You can find the answer in the thread:

Yes, my lifetime license is still working since December 2001.

:-*

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Agnitum has offered lifetime licenses (sometimes on and off) for many years.  As far as I know, they have always honored the lifetime upgrades.

You may have issues with the complexity or sometimes the stability of the software, but I don't think that you can find fault Agnitum's lifetime license support.

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Awesome, good to know. I'm just making sure there's no shady business going on as seems to have become a bit of a recurring trend surrounding lifetime licenses. :)

Also, apologies for not reading back and checking the topic. I'm kinda tired at present. xD