ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Outpost 2009 – A lifetime license for 3 PCs for the price of a 1-year!

(1/4) > >>

tn_dang:
Agnitum’s New Year gift: Outpost 2009 – lifetime license for 3 PCs for the price of a 1-year!

As a gift for the Holidays of the Season, we’re launching an unprecedented offer for the period between December 22, 2008 and December 31, 2008!

Hurry up to purchase a lifetime license (including updates and support) of Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 or Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009, valid for three PCs, for the price of a 1-year license by the end of 2008!
By purchasing a 1-year license you receive eternal protection ensured by Outpost’s acclaimed features:
Advanced firewall for secure connections;
Combined antivirus* and antispyware for all-in-one malware defense;
Host protection to block zero-day threats;
Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threats;
Antispam* to automatically keep your inbox junk-free

* Only in Outpost Security Suite Pro.

Check out the offer to give yourself and your nearest ones an ever-important present of online safety and bulletproof PC defense.

The offer is valid until December 31, 2008. Take advantage!

Outpost Firewall Pro Lifetime License   $39.95   
Outpost Security Suite Lifetime License   $49.95   

http://www.agnitum.com/lp/lifetime_for_1year_price_2008.php

Note: I am not affiliated with the company.

40hz:
Hurry up to purchase a lifetime license (including updates and support) of Outpost Firewall Pro 2009
-tn_dang (December 24, 2008, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

How are they defining lifetime? Theirs? Ours? Whichever comes first? Until they come out with a newer version and call it something else or otherwise rebrand it.?

And will that same license apply to "Pro 2010 and Pro 2011 when/if they come out?

After what FruityLoops pulled on me and a lot of other users, I'm suspicious of "lifetime" anything. Especially for antivirus/malware, firewall, and other security products. Lifetime licenses are bad for businesses whose product is continually updated and relies on subscriptions to maintain a revenue stream.

This is not a knock on Outpost. It's a fine product. But I'd still like to see some of the fine print before I'd believe buying this license would be the last one I'd ever need to buy.

mwb1100:
Given that it's at the the current price for a 1 year/3 machine subscription, even with the questions about the details this is still probably a pretty good deal - if you're interested in Outpost.

I believe that when Outpost was first offered they gave a lifetime license - does anyone know if they are still honoring it or not?

myarmor:
They refer to it as OFP/OSS 2009 at the moment, but any license works regardless of version as long as it is released before or within your subscription (which with a lifetime license never ends).

tn_dang:
I believe that when Outpost was first offered they gave a lifetime license - does anyone know if they are still honoring it or not?
-mwb1100 (December 24, 2008, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, my lifetime license is still working since December 2001.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version