ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Question about my video card temperature

(1/3) > >>

gexecuter:
so i bought an ECS geforce 6200 video card some months ago (thanks google) and everything was going fine except for the last few days when i noticed something strange. I was playing some old game and i noticed some slow down which is odd because it had never happened before and i am pretty picky with that sort of thing. Since i sensed something wrong i checked the GPU temperature with GPU-Z and it was over 69 CÂș! it was the highest that i had ever seen. The card doesn't have a fan only a disperser or whatever that thing is called, here in chile is summer so that probably adds a couple of degrees to the overall hotness. I have read conflicting reports on the internet about the maximum temperature this card should get so i am asking at what temp should i be worried? Any thoughts?

Subsailor:
According to this thread Tweakguides Forum your video card temperature is perfectly fine.

Good luck!

gexecuter:
I actually saw that thread before making this thread, i just wanted to get a second opinion. I guess that means the slowdown is coming from somewhere else...maybe i need to defrag my hard drive and do other maintenance tasks. Anyway thanks for the help.

mouser:
some motherboards are configured to slow down the processor if they get too hot.

gexecuter:
some motherboards are configured to slow down the processor if they get too hot.
-mouser (December 23, 2008, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah i just checked the bios, i saw nothing like that in there. I defragmented the hard drive where my games are installed and i saw a slight drop in the slowdowns i get. I will probably format the C: disk and install Windows XP again. If the slowdowns persist then that means it's a hardware problems and i will be screwed. Hopefully it's just a Windows problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version