ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The OS that won't die!

(1/5) > >>

zridling:

From this report, another 'XP extended..." announcement. I don't know why Microsoft would fight this. If people want to buy an OS -- even an unsupported one -- sell it to them and pocket the cash!

Lashiec:
I'll gladly kill it when Microsoft releases Windows 7, provided they do deliver something finished, and not an OS requiring a Service Pack to work correctly. The truckload of architectural changes and new features in Windows Vista, combined with all the nice things in Windows 7 they have showed 'til now will mean a kickass upgrade :D

Carol Haynes:
I was just reading about that too on TechRepublic ...gotta make you laugh.

So system builders can sell XP until the end of June 2009 and net book manufacturers can see it for a year on top of that (orm a year after W 7 is released which ever is sooner).

Does this mean they are going to produce a version of W 7 that is lean enough to replace XP on net books? AT least that might be a step in the right direction (if they release it for everyone).

Curt:
Of course it already is dead. I have a XP machine standing which I cannot repair properly because I can't get my hands on a XP Home SP3 disc. So, dead it is.

The same goes for my 2000 Pro SP4.

Carol Haynes:
Why can't you get an XP SP3 disc? Just slipstream a previous XP disc with SP3 ???

You can still buy copies too: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Home-Service-Pack-English/dp/B0018RCADO

or contact MS who will supply a disc for a few pounds/dollars.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version