topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 12:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Can Vista hide certain file types only?  (Read 5167 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can Vista hide certain file types only?
« on: December 22, 2008, 12:50 PM »
I have this folder with panoramic images. I like them a lot, and am using the little but fine WPanorama screensaver (new beta today!), and all is fine. Only problem is, that when I navigate Explorer to this folder, it will show me a lot of .wxs, .wsl and .wpa files which somehow are to be used by WPanorama, and I hate the sight of them! They are not images, and they look awful when you expect to see beautiful images but are met with the look of boring file icons.

3filetypes.gifCan Vista hide certain file types only?

So I was hoping it somehow is possible to tell Vista to hide these file types only?  :tellme:
I am not asking to hide known file type extensions.

oops! link corrected
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:10 PM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Can Vista hide certain file types only?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Certain things in life can seem to be difficult, but turns out to be ridiculous easy if you do it the right way. The answer was of course to click "Sort By Type > Mark all non-images > Right-click any of them > Click HIDE > Use > OK". End of story. Took me 10 seconds and did not require any other program. How easy it is to use Vista - after having been thinking about the problem for hours...

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:50 AM »
Curt, can you do that in any folder?

i've been trying to do it with several folders and i can't even see the 'mark all non-images' option let alone the 'hide' option.

have you got the UAC enabled?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:28 AM »
- sorry, I explained myself quite poorly, didn't I. The marking was performed manually, which was easy because of the initial Sort_By_Type. And it will do nothing to future files of the same kind; they would have to manually be marked HIDE as well. All I was trying to say is, that from the beginning I thought "oh no, now I have to right-click each and every file, in order to click the 'hide' box", but that turned out to not be the case. You can mark them all in one go, right-click, and mark HIDE - and they will ALL be hidden, even though there were several file types.

Sorry for the cluttering - I am quite busy at the moment, and a little stressed up.

UAC disabled.