topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 8:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Electronic Arts (Complaint)  (Read 4559 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Electronic Arts (Complaint)
« on: December 21, 2008, 11:07 PM »
EDIT: I'm a born-again believer in EA. They're the best in existence.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:29 PM by Deozaan »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Electronic Arts (Complaint)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 12:08 AM »
As you may or may not have noticed, the salutations in the last message were changed from: 'xxxx EARep, Player Relations' to 'Karl, EA Tech, EA Online Support'.

When I worked for a helpdesk (years ago) messages were humanly sorted for the level of support required and the system would spread those messages to the employees assigned to different levels of support.

It is unfortunate but it happened quite a lot that messages from the same customer were handled by different employees and because the system did not work with tickets those employees were not aware of previously made suggestions.

Definitely not nice for the customer and also not nice for the employee. In my case there were a lot of women working there and many of them started crying after reading/answering some "requests" for help (if there is something that drives me crazy, it would be crying women).  :(

My experience is that it always helps to be firm but still courteous when you are mailing with a helpdesk as you get a more quicker response. Also, when you don't get a ticket number assigned to your help request, assume there is no communication between employees about previously made requests.

When this is the case, the best thing to do is to copy paste each previous communication (your response, their response, employee name and/or department) below the new request for help. Refer in the new request to those previous communications. Make it easier on them is in the end making it easier for yourself.