ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cannot open Paint on Vista

<< < (5/7) > >>

Curt:
- thanks for going to so much troubles, April :-) However, Vista has been simplified~restricted a lot on this feature. There are no boxes or anything. Only third party programs, and a little number of services to enable or disable, but no Windows programs or extra popups. I have even used a clever Master Control (from Fujitsu Siemens) to have it tell me what can be changed or not.

It is hard for me to believe that it should not be possible, well EASY, to find a (new) version of msPaint somewhere at Microsoft's, to download & install.

f0dder:
It is hard for me to believe that it should not be possible, well EASY, to find a (new) version of msPaint somewhere at Microsoft's, to download & install.-Curt (December 24, 2008, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
The small apps that come with windows (paint, calc, ...) generally aren't updated very often, probably to the extent that they only see updates on major OS releases. Some of the somewhat bigger bundled components (movie maker, media player) do receive updates, but those are handled via windows updates.

Curt:
- thanks, f0dder. When you search Microsoft's site there are thousands of files to be downloaded. So why not these? Now it should be noted that Vista's Paint is new, and there is no place (that I know of) to tell Windows that mspaint somehow is not working - other than to post a question on their forum, and hope that someone will answer.

Carol Haynes:
.xpi is the extension for Mozilla addons. Place the file in the folder C > Program Files > Mozilla Firefox, and then open Firefox > Files > Open file... , and navigate to & open the same file, and it will install as an addon in Firefox.
-Curt (December 22, 2008, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't need to move the XPI file to Mozilla first - simply use File > Open File and the installation will move it to your profile folder automatically.

Curt:
deleted - I misunderstood the post I was trying to answer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version