ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cannot open Paint on Vista

<< < (3/7) > >>

f0dder:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865 , hope that one works for you :)

SKesselman:
Irfanview (version 4 and up) has a very basic paint feature, just like paint. Open Irfanview, open an image or create a new image with it and use the F12 key to get a floating menu with all kind of options to draw.

As a viewer it was already way more superior than Paint (because of all the plug-ins), but now you also have drawing features and it is free (for non-commercial use).  
-Shades (December 21, 2008, 11:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you Shades! I love Infran View, it's much, much better than when I tried it years ago.
People were raving about it then, I hated it, & I haven't trusted anyone's opinion on it since.
It IS simple!

It has THE feature I needed in the same place on the menu paint had it, and it even opened a scanned photo of me & my little sister (23-year old photo) that would not open before! It was a .TIF file. I thought my scan was bad, had NO idea paint would not open such a file.

I have Aha-soft software that might have worked, but frankly I don't know what to do with that program once it opens.

Thanks again Shades, you made my week.

XOXO

Shades:
And Monday has only just begun... ;)

Always glad to help.

zridling:
My apologies on the URL; I thought it had changed from the google search. As others have pointed out, it is here:
http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

Would have never thought of Irfanview as a Paint replacement. Way to go, Shades!

Curt:
This is strange. Last night I was trying to use mspaint, and for the first time (I have only had Vista for a month) it wouldn't launch! Well, I decided to sleep on it, but today the situation is the same: It will load, but not launch. And I come here to ask for help, and SKesselman is telling about the exact same problem just today! Indeed this is very strange!

Therefore I am also extra disappointed that no-one so far have been giving Sarah an answer to her initial question. Paint.NET and IrfanView are good, but nowhere near as easy to use as msPaint. I like my msPaint, and I am already missing it,  :(  and hoping for the forum to solve "our" problem!  ;)

:tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version