ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cannot open Paint on Vista

(1/7) > >>

SKesselman:
I guess it's mspaint.exe although I could swear it was once paint.exe.
Anyway, I've searched online and here and cannot find the solution.

It acts like it's opening (mouse over jpg, right click, select Edit, and, ..... nothing)

:wallbash:

I kill the process mspaint.exe and always there are several instances (Outlook does this too).
I kill all instances of this nonsense and it still won't open, even if I choose open instead of edit.

I cannot even save a simple picture from my camera.
(BTW This post explains why I cannot participate in any computing discussion above 2nd grade level - I'm still working on these kinds of issues...)

Thanks.

zridling:
You could do a startup repair using your Vista install cd/dvd, but why not download and install Paint.NET instead? It's the same type of program, only with way more features. (It's free.)

SKesselman:
Thank you Zaine, I thought about that just prior to posting.
I used to have paint.net, but it lacked the simplicity of Paint.
I just want Paint. Nothing more, at least for now.
I cannot believe that something so simple won't work.

SKesselman:
...and if I do a startup/repair, forget it. I'll just reformat my drive.
Neither Blockbuster nor the Brain, or Personal Brain (*whatever*) will uninstall.
 :mad: :mad: :mad:

SKesselman:
You could do a startup repair using your Vista install cd/dvd, but why not download and install Paint.NET instead? It's the same type of program, only with way more features. (It's free.)
-zridling (December 21, 2008, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Uh, Zaine, have you seen the website you directed me to?
I was trying to be flexible, checking to see if paint.net was even a possibility.
It has a link to paint.net, yes, but even that link is so smothered in ads I could barely navigate.
Nothing like what it used to be. Pity, perhaps if someone donated enough money, this could be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version