ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: keydb

(1/5) > >>

parttimecoder:
NANY 2009 Entry Information
Application Name KeyDb Version 1.0 Short DescriptionSecurely store web passwords! Supported OSes Windows 98 - Vista 32/64 Web Pagehttp://tbaypc.net/keydb Download Link http://tbaypc.net/download.php?f=keydb.zip Minimum RequirementsTested with Win 98-Vista/32/64Version historyFirst stable BetaAuthor parttimecoder

Description[Why created]
Wanted a project to learn Delphi programming with, especially interested in database programming and I wanted a good password application for myself.

Features

* Small, fast and portable
* 256 Bit Encrypted password files
* Filter and sort for instant retrieval
* Copy user names and passwords to clipboard
* Launch URL's from KeyDb
* Random password generator
* Archive seldom used entries
Planned Features
Grab URLs from browser automatically
Help file
Work on search routines
I have all kinds of ideas but prefer to wait for feedback from others!

Screenshots

Usage
Installation
Run standalone keydb.exe. It creates an ini file to store configuration info. does not add anything to registry

Using the Application
Download, Unzip, Run keydb. Go to the file menu and select new password file. Provide a path, a filename and a master password. file opens automatically and is ready to create new entries. [Note carefully your master password] it will be required next time you open the password file.

Un-stallation
Delete keydb.exe.
KeyDb does not make use of the registry at all!

Known Issues
None so far. But would really appreciate feedback in the form of bug reports, suggestions, likes/dislikes or just leave a thought. Thanks

Perry Mowbray:
Had a wee play with this so that I could get a screen shot  >:(   ;)

The Always on Top setting had me tricked for a while: your window starts up with the menu item ticked but the setting is off. I think this is only true for the initial start, as it's right on restarts.

The menu item "Open last datafile" is not available when the programme if first launched, which seems a shame.

Some of the buttons are displayed on the windows as links (which isn't really normal for a windows form: but maybe it'll become the new fad  :-\ )

Overall, it's a nice little application with a nice look.

f0dder:
Since it's used for storing (possibly) critical information, you should probably document how the information is secured - ie., is encryption involved? (And if so, which kind and how).

parttimecoder:
Thank you for taking the time to have a look Perry! Feedback appreciated  :)

Will resolve the Always on Top issues.

The menu item "Open last datafile" is not available when the programme if first launched, which seems a shame.
--- End quote ---

Perry, do you mean this option should be default ??

I will replace links with button on the manage categories dialog. Just playing around to see how it might look. But I think you are right that it is not the convention and probably takes away from keydb's polish.

Thanks

parttimecoder:
Since it's used for storing (possibly) critical information, you should probably document how the information is secured - ie., is encryption involved? (And if so, which kind and how).
--- End quote ---

Good question f0dder !

keydb uses the absolute database engine and encrypt it's datafiles using it's built in craRijndael_128 encryption.

Absolute also provides the following methods to encrypts it's databases files:

Rijndael, 128 bit key.
Rijndael, 256 bit key. 
Single DES
Triple DES
Blowfish, 448 bit key
Twofish, 128 bit key
Twofish, 256 bit key

If there is sufficient interest, I might provide users with an option to choose for themselves which they would like to use.

If you have any other thoughts in regards to security please do share

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version