I've been playing CA for about 6 months or so, maybe a little longer. It's alright... IMO its the new WarRock
(and if you want to know why I don't play WarRock anymore...). It's headed in that direction, but it is much better - I'll give it that. Didn't hold my attention like WR though (no vehicles).
Why WarRock sucks (long list):
- It was great in closed and open beta (it was a BLAST in closed beta!)
- The bugs were fun before the hackers came in
- Everyone with a mic hasn't hit puberty yet (this was with TS, Vent, and there was an in-game voice for a while... dunno if it still exists)
- The sounds are redundant
- Its $15 a month for a premium membership that's worth anything. That's the same as WoW. "Wow", what a RIP.
- The guns are sub-par, unless you have the hign end OMGWTFIRTEHPWNZ11111 guns
- The graphics SUCK. OMG! It was actually WAY higher quality in the early betas, but I guess they "sh*tified" the graphics so that more people on their 500MHz 64MB machines (no offense to those of you @ DC) could play.
- The lag is wayyyyyy too much. Its FPS and latency. And it makes no sense - the physics engine is 5/10 at best, and the graphics are... see above.
- The website hasn't changed appearance in 2 years. Wtf?
- The signup process is annoying.
- You can't lock rooms (mini servers) unless your a premium member (silver or Gold only, I believe). Uhh... what???
- You can't use the good guns unless your a premium member
Personal grudge: I was a HUGE fan of WR. I went out and got the preorder box at Best Buy for $25. First of all: No dogtags (all boxes were promised to have them, this store had NONE). Ok... thats fine then. I get home, login to the website, go to enter my code - the freaking pre-order expired the DAY BEFORE, yet they still sell the damn boxes - don't regard my email requests for help, or even reply. I got the gun I wanted too (special pre-order only guns that stayed with you permanently, rather than being prem+buying them every week). Can't return it - its an open box tech item! FU*KERS!! </rant>
Call me over-specific, Crysis loving, everything-has-to-be-perfect nutjob, but I like my games to be polished, pretty, and playable. CA delivers, (graphics could/should be better) but more arcadey than I'm into. WR does too (minus the pretty part), if you could manage to get a private server with a few friends. As long as CA doesn't get WR's hackers, it will remain on my hard drive.