topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 11:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Two games for the holidays  (Read 4910 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Two games for the holidays
« on: December 19, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Christmas is the time for games, and I found two that look fun and use novel ideas, either in how you control characters, or how you solve the problems you encounter

The first one is a Flash game called Straw Hat Samurai, and as you may imagine, you are a samurai. The objective of the game is to defeat the warlords that are raging war across the land, and between you and them stand tons of other samurais. The cool thing about the game is that the control is mouse-driven, and to kill the other samurais you have to slash through them using mouse gestures. Aim for vital parts and cut them in group to get higher points.

Screenshot - 20_12_2008 , 2_27_39.jpg

The second one is the work of a company called ratloop, and is competing on the 2009 IGF. It's a 3D platform game, where you play as two characters, the Engineer and the Actionaut solving puzzles and collecting items. Nothing groundbreaking. What it's groundbreaking is the way you can solve the puzzles, which is explained in the link below. My jaw simply fell to the floor.

Screenshot - 20_12_2008 , 2_29_12.jpg

If you don't want to play or your hardware does not support DX9 (unlikely), watch the video and prepare to be amazed. And curse everything for not having a scanner.

via Pixfans and TIGSource

steeladept

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Two games for the holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:22 PM »
WOW.  That is really freaky wierd.  I like it. :Thmbsup: (Re: Mightier)

PC Gamer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • PC Game Reviews
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Two games for the holidays
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 05:52 AM »
Thank you for posting these games, I like to play these kind of SIMPLE games that you can even play five minutes in an office break.
I also havea simple game with its license and you can play the demo free! It is also a game for christmas:)
Santa's Breakout PC Game

Online PC Games Magazine : www.pcgametrek.com