Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 24, 2014, 12:20:20 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: R.I.P. Majel Barrett-Roddenberry  (Read 2762 times)
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 19, 2008, 05:57:42 AM »

Majel Barrett-Roddenberry, wife of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry has died, aged 76, of leukemia at her home in Los Angeles.

Majel was a well know and much beloved fixture in the Star Trek universe. Know best perhaps for her role as the voice of Enterprise Computer in each and every Star Trek series  to date, she also played several characters including The Original Series' Number One and Dr. Christine Chapel. She also featured in many television shows throughout her career.

Affectionately know as the "First Lady of Star Trek", she nurtured and cherished the memory of her late husband through her continued embrace of Star Trek and its fans. She had only recently completed recording her final recording as the Enterprise Computer for next year's Star Trek film. She leaves behind her only son, Eugene, to continue the Roddenberry legacy.

I found this video on YouTube, I thought it worth posting:

BBC Story

Ehtyar.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 06:02:01 AM by Ehtyar » Logged
Carol Haynes
Waffles for England (patent pending)
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:52:52 AM »

I love the vending machine:

"Coffee - black!"

"Make it yourself"

ljbirns
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »

Very cool ! Thmbsup

Lew
Davidtheo
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 03:55:46 AM »

She will be greatly missed.

Loved the video

CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 04:34:07 AM »

I have her Computer voice as my Boot up and shutdown audio.. Grin

If you need help - JUST ASK!
zridling
Friend of the Site
Charter Member

Linux captive

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:26:52 AM »

What a wonderful lady. I always loved how she had a lot of fun with her character in The Next Generation. I wonder how many times she came close to bitch-slapping William Shatner back in the day.

- zaine (on Google+)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.09 ]