ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LaunchBar Commander tried to access eagames. com??

(1/1)

padraik:
Hey,

Just installed LBC tonight and about an hour after installation my firewall (Outpost Pro) notified me of the app's attempt to connect to eagamesdotcom.  Anyone else get this?  Didn't see anything in the documentation about it. The original setup file was downloaded from this site.
Thanks,
P

-modified to remove link to game site-I'm not their schill.

Perry Mowbray:
Nope: just checked Comodo and LBC ain't there.

mouser:
absolutely not.. none of my programs would do such a thing -- there is no phone home code in my programs, no hidden web checking of any sort. i'm totally opposed to such things.

the only thing i can think of is if LBC launched another program, which in turn tried to connect out to the website, maybe that could confuse outpost?  shouldn't, but.. maybe?

i should point out that LBC doesn't even have built in update checking code, so there is really nothing in LBC that tries to connect to the web for any reason.

padraik:
absolutely not.. none of my programs would do such a thing -- there is no phone home code in my programs, no hidden web checking of any sort. i'm totally opposed to such things.

the only thing i can think of is if LBC launched another program, which in turn tried to connect out to the website, maybe that could confuse outpost?  shouldn't, but.. maybe?

i should point out that LBC doesn't even have built in update checking code, so there is really nothing in LBC that tries to connect to the web for any reason.
-mouser (December 19, 2008, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the impression I had when I saw this site and the software. Weird. But it makes more sense now that you mention that LBC may have launched a program that may have tried to access the site. Residual embedded link somewhere? And yet, I have no games installed on this box...Well, I'll keep tabs on it and let you know if any other strange behaviors pop up, just for curiosity's sake. Thanks for the confirmation tho.

P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version