ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DVD to iPod Touch in 48 hours

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I have borrowed an Apple iPod Touch 16GB for my overseas trip. With the permission of the owner, last night I did a factory restore of the unit and upgraded the OS from version 1.1.4 to 2.2. I now can put movies on it for the transatlantic flight. The problem is that I don't do iPods -- I've been a Creative Zen guy for the past few years.

I know how to take a DVD, strip off the Macrovision and get just the movie into a nice set of VOB files.

What I don't know how to do is to get it properly formated and loaded on the iPod touch for viewing. I might just spring for a set of SlySoft programs, but if there is some FOSS stuff out there, I would prefer that.

I am looking at Quick Media Converter, but there seems to be a billion tutorials on converting from SWF to everything under the sun, but didn't yet find a DVD to iPod Touch how-to yet.

Anybody got any guidance for me?

Eóin:
Well StaxRip has profiles for an iPhone and iPod, one of them may work? Personally I think it's an excellent program, fully FOSS.

Fedorov:
DVD Catalyst http://www.pocketdvd.ca/
Use it on everything :)

city_zen:
Another (recommended) one is HandBrake

Hirudin:
StaxRip is a good'en.

There's a program called "SUPER" that a lot of people use. I tried it, but didn't like it for some reason and deleted/uninstalled it very quickly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version