ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Never again will I purchase that shampoo! (or will I?)

(1/7) > >>

Curt:
I am not too sure when I installed my first version of Ashampoo WinOptimizer, but I made the first upgrade to version 4 19-September-2007 when it maybe was no longer all new, I don't remember exactly. But I do remember that I upgraded to a brand new version 5, 02-April-2008. Today's updated version is 5.10, but now, December 2008, precisely eight month later, they have launched version 6! Really!! I am outraged (I must clarify that a license is "major version limited"). This is simply the same as to take a pi** on their customers!!! (You can, though, keep using version 4 or version 5 as you please).

The "funny" part is that I never use the program. I just purchase any new version in order to have it as updated and capable as possible! Yeah, I know - the fool is me, isn't it. I hate this company. But somehow I expect I soon will be the owner of WinOptimizer 6, and then forget about it until version 7 calls, by the end of next summer!

>:(  :-[

Do you have some sort of comparable disease?  :tellme:

edbro:
Usually when a company produces upgrades that often they are not adding that much into the versions. I doubt if there is a world of difference between ver 5 and ver 6. Just say no!

I am not a fan of Ashampoo because of their marketing strategy. Having said that, I do use Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 as my only burning program. Better than the Nero that it replaced.

Curt:
Usually when a company produces upgrades that often they are not adding that much into the versions. I doubt if there is a world of difference between ver 5 and ver 6. Just say no!
-edbro (December 17, 2008, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

No!

Well, it actually is becoming a quite diverged but still also a quite capable program. I have nothing really bad to say about their programs. They are not all that great, but they are somehow still quite good at the same time. Simple high tech for the common man, if ever there was such? But I certainly agree with you, on their marketing strategy!

gexecuter:
Why do you buy stuff that you don't use? that's just dumb.

*looks at the GTA trilogy pack for PS2 that he bought without having a PS2*

Darwin:
They are not all that great, but they are somehow still quite good at the same time.
-Curt (December 17, 2008, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, the dying art of damning with faint praise! Well done, Curt! This morsel, and the rest of your post sum up my feelings about Ashampoo EXACTLY  ;D

I still use Ashampoo Burner and like it a lot. I also use the Uninstaller Suite - have both 2 Platinum and 3 installed. I upgraded to 3 for $9.95 but consider it a waste of money... I also have WinOptimizer 5 installed but, like you, rarely, if ever, use it. I have nothing particularly damning to say about it other than that I don't really trust the tweaks it offers to make on my Vista system...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version