Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 02:48:16 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "new post" icons  (Read 11065 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 27, 2005, 04:42:45 AM »

the board software we use here (www.simplemachines.org), behaves kind of strange with regarding to indicating new posts in a section;
after you visit a section, even if you dont read the new messages, the icon changes on the forum header so that it no longer looks like there are new posts.  anyone else besides me notice this? i think we will write a mod to the forum to fix this.
tenseiken
Columnist

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 02:27:17 AM »

Yeah, that is a bit confusing.  I've learned to go ahead and make my rounds through each forum with new posts, so it's not that distracting to me anymore.

-John
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 06:35:40 AM »

one thing i just discovered which helps:

on the top left, right next to your avatar at top, you can click a link for "Show unread posts since last visit".
Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 06:39:06 AM »

Yes, that link is great .. I use that every time I go to the forum Thmbsup.

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.022s | Server load: 0.19 ]