ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (58/67) > >>

tomos:
well, I should have been (as often) clearer - I sorta meant "mini" speakers - like I have a set on other computer, sony - doesnt even say what ... what's a speaker measurement unit?!? ... but they're small - sound is grand (in a small room) but they cant handle any volume really but that's okay too -
As you say anyways at that price - I wouldnt be expecting to throw a party with them -
will look next time I'm in town anyways,
 thanks!

superboyac:
Well, I am loving the rocking speed of this new pc.  It's been a long time since I've been able to do things so quickly.  Every click, every transfer is so responsive.  We'll see how long it takes for it to slow down.  It's a well-built machine.

There are only two problems so far:
--This monitor issue.  In extended desktop mode, only the secondary monitor comes out of standby with a key press or mouse movement.  The primary one needs to be turned off and back on.  I have submitted a ticket to ATI for it.

--The on board sound of the motherboard has a decent amount of static and noise to it.  I'm only able to use headphones for the time being, but it sounds like way too much static.  If I move the mouse, especially when I use the scroll wheel, there's this high static sound.  That's no good for me since I do a lot with audio and music.  I will probably use my pro sound card once I have my cables and speakers set up.  I wonder how others deal with that noise though.

mouser:
where were the pictures we were promised?

Carol Haynes:
--The on board sound of the motherboard has a decent amount of static and noise to it.  I'm only able to use headphones for the time being, but it sounds like way too much static.  If I move the mouse, especially when I use the scroll wheel, there's this high static sound.  That's no good for me since I do a lot with audio and music.  I will probably use my pro sound card once I have my cables and speakers set up.  I wonder how others deal with that noise though.
-superboyac (January 25, 2009, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Check your mixer settings - I had this problem once and it turned out to be bad mixer settings!

superboyac:
where were the pictures we were promised?
-mouser (January 25, 2009, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
The pictures are going to be in the website article I put up soon.  I still want to get a nice "after" shot, but I'm not ready yet.  I still have the old computer on the desk because I forget some files here and there while I setup the new one.  Also, I just bought my Big Knob mixer today, so the speaker setup isn't done yet.  There's still work to do.  I'm taking pics along the way, though.  Maybe I should post a couple of preview pics...

Check your mixer settings - I had this problem once and it turned out to be bad mixer settings!
-Carol Haynes (January 25, 2009, 06:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll look into that.  Any suggestions specifically?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version