ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (53/67) > >>

superboyac:
i put it on and off about 6 times.-superboyac (January 20, 2009, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ummm... did it come with thermal grease or a thermal patch? Generally, taking your heatsink off is a bad idea if you don't reapply thermal material, but you can usually get away with it if it's thermal patch and the system is hasn't been powered on long enough for the thermal patch to melt.
-f0dder (January 20, 2009, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, there's some kind of goo on it that smeared as i took it on and off.  But i never powered it on yet.

Carol Haynes:
It is important that you don't get any air bubbles in that layer of 'goo'.

If in any doubt before you switch on get a tube of ArcticSilver and some isopropyl alcohol and clean the processor and heatsink before applying fresh Arctic Silver (follow the instructions on their website).

superboyac:
well, i hooked everything up yesterday night and it works!  Now, I have to reorganize my office room...or basically my whole upstairs floor with all the boxes and mess.  Ugh.  I'll have pictures of it.  I know most people are expecting pictures of the system parts being put together, but there are already tons of hardware reviews out there better than anything I can do and with better pics.  This is a more personal look into what goes into a new computer purchase (at least for me).  It's a pain in the ass!

40hz:
well, i hooked everything up yesterday night and it works!  -superboyac (January 21, 2009, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

No smoke?

Epic win SB!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

w00t!!!

Carol Haynes:
Glad there were no fireworks (you or the beast)  :-* :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version