ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (49/67) > >>

superboyac:
Yeah, those are interesting issues definitely.  I can understand wanting to be able to get web information while being mobile.  That's really cool.  But at the same time, we have huge monitors to read articles.  So which device gets preference?  I say keep the websites intended for monitors, rss feeds are great for phones and mobile devices.  Also, if you really have to, something like the iphone's ability to zoom in and out of regular websites is nice to have.  But I'm with you, If I'm going to be doing a lot of reading, I'm not going to do it on my phone.

Eventually, at least for me, it becomes an issue of time.  I used to chat after I graduated from college.  But it becomes this thing after a while, where you realize it takes 5 minutes to say through chatting what would take about 30 seconds on the phone.  And a lot of chatting is just mindless.  It's fine if your young and single for a while, but then do you really want to waste your time with this?  I don't.  I don't have time for chatting, commercials.  I try to avoid stupid little phone calls too.  If I have something to say, fine.  But I don't ever just talk endlessly about nothing anymore.

Anyway, this is getting way off topic.  I'll probably devote an article or new thread to this sometime.

I'm excited about my new computer!  People are going to think I'm crazy for spending all the money, but I think it was done intelligently.  Sure, I could have cut down a little, but not that much, really.

f0dder:
I'd think it has a lot to do with more exposure to advertising.
-Deozaan (January 13, 2009, 01:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
My sentiment exactly.

superboyac: take a sh!tload of pictures while assembling the PC. I love doing that myself :)

superboyac:
Yikes!!
I just received my Cooler Master Cosmos chassis.  The only thing I can say is this:

it is big.  Make no mistake about it, this is a very large case!  It can eat my current case for dinner, and have my laptop for dessert.

Holy crap!!  I didn't expect it to be that big.  It's ok, it's kind of cool.  It's a beast!

Carol Haynes:
We want a photo of you standing inside it ;)

I just hope all your cables are long enough. My case is very large too and I can't easily make use of the built in Firewire/USB/Audio panel connections because some of the fitted cables can't reach the bottom of the mootherboard where the connectors are!

superboyac:
We want a photo of you standing inside it ;)

I just hope all your cables are long enough. My case is very large too and I can't easily make use of the built in Firewire/USB/Audio panel connections because some of the fitted cables can't reach the bottom of the mootherboard where the connectors are!
-Carol Haynes (January 14, 2009, 03:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm way too big, I'm 6'3".  But I was surprised by how big it was relative to me.  I guess I've never seen one of these full-size towers before.  I had to check to see if it fit under my desk at first (it did).  I sure hope the cables are long enough! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version