ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please help me build my new computer, DC!

<< < (41/67) > >>

40hz:
Compliments on your new avatar  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
Don't do it - if it is anything like my experience before you know it you will fill it up on your old system and then you'll have to go and buy another one ;)
-Carol Haynes (January 07, 2009, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ha!  No, I'm just going to make sure it works.  Because I only have 30 days to RMA it, and since I don't have all the other parts, I only have my current computer to test it on.

superboyac:
Compliments on your new avatar  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-40hz (January 07, 2009, 01:29 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks!  I love vector graphics.  Lossless!  Someone made that beautiful crown as an adobe illustrator file and it looks freakin great.  Check it out:
Please help me build my new computer, DC!

f0dder:
superboyac: use WesternDigital's drive testing tool, start with the short test. If that works, do the long test (will probably take 1½-2 hours). If that works, use the tool's "fill drive with zeroes", and check "reallocated sector count" afterwards. If all tests pass (as I'd expect them to on a raptor drive), you're good to go :)

(Just finished going through that series with a 640GB Western-Digital WD6401AALS drive, which is going to be one half of my new raid mirror after one of the old 400gig disks died... too bad the shop only had one drive in stock, but running a degraded mirror with one new disks, and all the data present on the old disk as well, is better than running a degraded mirror with one old disk :)).

superboyac:
superboyac: use WesternDigital's drive testing tool, start with the short test. If that works, do the long test (will probably take 1½-2 hours). If that works, use the tool's "fill drive with zeroes", and check "reallocated sector count" afterwards. If all tests pass (as I'd expect them to on a raptor drive), you're good to go :)

(Just finished going through that series with a 640GB Western-Digital WD6401AALS drive, which is going to be one half of my new raid mirror after one of the old 400gig disks died... too bad the shop only had one drive in stock, but running a degraded mirror with one new disks, and all the data present on the old disk as well, is better than running a degraded mirror with one old disk :)).
-f0dder (January 07, 2009, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wow, thanks for that advice.  I would have never known about that.  I will definitely do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version