ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VLC making improvements

<< < (2/3) > >>

MrCrispy:
For those who don't about it, Kmplayer (www.kmplayer.com) is an awesome player - its like all the codecs of Vlc/Mpc in a nice UI, with more options to tweak than you want. After I found that I have no need to try anything else.

Shades:
I'm inclined to agree with MrCrispy, especially with the 0.9x branches of VLC as of late (Windows). The UI is the strong point of VLC when compared to KMPlayer.

Granted, when both pieces of software are showing their initial screen, it is KMPlayer who will win the UI look prize. But after that it is very quickly becoming a mess. VLC is a lot less confusing. KMPlayer has context meny that goes till 4 layers deep. UI-wise that is a major no-no!

That is also the reason why so many people are (still) using VLC. KMPlayer is definitely awesome, but you really have to get accustomed to the interface. Because of that it is my "fall back" or "backup" player.

cmpm:
As far as installing vlc, or most anything, I always do the custom install, just to see what there is in options.
With vlc there is an option to uncheck making it the default player.

As far the KMPlayer. I like it a lot, but I opt for just hitting a song or opening a folder and click play without all the extras. But the extras in Km are nice to play around with. And it will play anything as well I think.

WMC, VLC, and KM play audio and video files fine....so far.
For me, it's the ease of playing songs and sometimes playing around with options, but mostly I just want music.

I'm glad they can all play on the same computer, bypassing quicktime and realplayer and wmp which we were stuck with years ago.

We can even play more then 1 song at once just for fun I reckon.

Ehtyar:
A fun new feature...

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
yeah, i noticed it too.. what do we call it? an xmas easter egg? :huh: ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version