ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VLC making improvements

(1/3) > >>

cmpm:
While I still have WMC as my default player,
VLC has improved since it's earlier versions.
I loaded it up but didn't set it to associate with anything.
It works well and seems to have an improved look.
Some things only work on VLC, so I keep it around.

http://www.videolan.org/

Josh:
There is one minor annoyance which has annoyed me since V 0.93 on windows. That is the fact that it DOES NOT REMEMBER YOUR LAST USED DIRECTORY OR FOLDER!!!!! This has been reported and is highly annoying. If I have several videos I want to scroll through or open, I have to re-browse to the folder which can get 8-9 deep.

cmpm:
Yeah...
I think you would have to save it as a playlist or something.
Check out the advanced options.
Maybe there is something in there.

btw, if you do set it as the default player and then change to a different player as the default, that darn cone is still the icon for the file unless you uninstall vlc.

Ehtyar:
See this thread for more details.

Ehtyar.

Nod5:
I like many of the changes to VLC this fall.

But 0.9.8a has a new bug: the fullscreen view now forces itself onto the primary monitor. It should (as in previous versions) display the fullscreen video on the screen that the minimized VLC window resides in.

Another "bug" or at least annoyance: VLC doesn't remember what installation options the user checked/unchecked during last reinstall. For example, it always defaults to making itself default player for all video file types. It should instead remember whatever choices the user made on last install. 

<offtopic rant> I guess that's a problem for installers in general. I bet most programs have, for any new version of the program, more people doing re-installs/upgrades than fresh installs. Still, the installations dialogs often assume that the user installs for the first time. Firefox is even worse in this regard due to add-on upgrade notifications. I go through a 10 second, 3-5 click process on the first firefox startup almost every day. I would love some way to just silently autoinstall all noscript updates for instance...</offtopic rant>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version