ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: Akete

<< < (10/14) > >>

nitrix-ud:
i completely agree that the existing User Variables mechanism is the way to go...

as i said i would be very happy with a plugin that does not try to handle precedence
because basically, i think a Akete.Folder plugin (as a standalone one or as an extension of the current one) would help people to simplify aliases.
i see immediate applications...

i don't see immediate applications for a more complex version where you could specify different applications to run depending on extension or/and path

with much more complex criterias (attributes, modified date, size, ...), i can see applications, that would even be fun to play with ;) BUT that would be a LOT of work
and as you said, FARR does not provide the configuration power to do it...

I'm sure that it wouldn't take too long to do a simple version as opposed to one that would try to achieve perfection ;)
and maybe this simple version would cover 80% of our need

in anycase, keep up the good work ewemoa !
and thanks again for the Akete plugin  :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
as i said i would be very happy with a plugin that does not try to handle precedence
-nitrix-ud (March 13, 2009, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

As I understand it, it's a problem to not address the precedence issue.

Perhaps one useful way of looking at this situation is to see that multiple plugins trying to handle file extensions is potentially murky.  If you've got two such plugins installed and both either are configured or set up to handle a particular file extension, which one should end up doing it?

May be I'm misunderstanding how things work in FARR -- perhaps mouser could clarify :)

nitrix-ud:
one would handle files based on its path
the other one based on its extension

as i said previously, Akete  would not exist, you could very well have created Akete.Folder

and THAT plugin would suit me (personnaly as of today, i would only use Akete.Folder so there would not be any precedence issue...)

however i perfectly understand that having two plugins that could lead to unexpected behavior is not confortable for you

you are right maybe mouser could clarify...

JaneDC:
files launched are not added to the history list? Any way to change the behaviour?

ewemoa:
I don't think there is a way at the moment.

May be mouser could comment on whether this should be doable from a technical standpoint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version