ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Peggle Extreme now free on Steam

(1/2) > >>

Lashiec:
Deozaan brought to our attention on the IRC channel that Valve has made available for free Peggle Extreme, an Orange Boxw-themed variation of a well-known puzzle game with an insanely addictive gameplay. Note that you need to have the Steam client installed to be able to play it.

In related news, as usual there's a weekend-only offer running on Steam. This week, the acclaimed multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 is sold by a mere $9.99, down from its normal $19.99 price.

lanux128:
if you have an nVidia GPU, you can go here for not only Peggle Extreme but also these extras.. 8)

• Portal: The 1st Slice (a demo with 11 levels)
• Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
• Half-Life 2: Loast Coast

note: previously mentioned here.

Deozaan:
Thanks for posting this Lashiec.  :Thmbsup:

I had been avoiding Peggle for a while (since before it was previously mentioned here on DC) because I dismissed it as another one of those stupid casual games such as Bejeweled. But since it was free I decided to let Steam download it for me and I tried out the first Stage today. It's actually not that bad. I don't see myself sinking hours and hours into it, but it seems fun for a go.

And thanks, lanux, for posting about the nVidia offer again! I never took advantage of it before because I wasn't interested in just a demo of portal. But since I see it comes with some other things, I'll be getting that as well!

f0dder:
Why do you call casual games stupid? :)

Sometimes it's nice being able to spend half an hour on something not too brain-boggling, without having to get immersed in storylines and whatnot. Casual games work pretty well for that. Peggle is quite nice imho, and I kinda like bejeweled as well :-[

Deozaan:
Why do you call casual games stupid? :)-f0dder (December 14, 2008, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't mean to make a blanket statement on all casual games. What I meant was that I really thought Peggle was more like Bejeweled, instead of a glorified Pachinko machine. I tried Bejeweled and have come across many of its n-thousand clones. I even tried out Puzzle Quest. I just do not like Bejeweled and for some reason (probably without much good reason) have clumped PopCap games all in the same category of good-for-nothing time wasters.

I like casual games, too. But maybe I just like to trick myself into thinking that my casual tastes are more complex than match-three repetition.

Right now I'm really enjoying Animal Crossing: City Folk. That's pretty darn casual, when there's not even an end to the game and no real purpose in playing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version