ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all our US friends

(1/1)

Carol Haynes:
Yes I know I am a day late but my pumpkin pie happened a few weeks back now ...

Strange how US ideas are seeping into UK culture - but thankfully Hallmark haven't started to try and get us all to 'do thanksgiving' yet (not that the Brits have anyone to thank for anything  :-[)

On the subject of commercial holidays this blog amused me (its only short). The movie (You better believe it) is worth downloading (although it is nearly 5Mb long). I have two house that compete on a similar scale in my village - you can literally see them from miles away - aided by no streetlighting out in the sticks.

vrgrrl:
thanks carol -- sometimes it's hard to remember that we all don't have the same holidays but i'm glad to hear that hallmark hasn't moved its wares over to your side of the world. at least, for us, thanksgiving is an actual holiday rather than the other hallmark created faux-holidays like "sweetest day" that is an attempt at giving us a double valentine's day...  :huh:

mouser:
direct link to the video on the blog: http://media.engadget.com/videos/lights.wmv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version