ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (158/174) > >>

dave1:
I'm at a loss as to why it's doing as it doesn't exhibit the issue under XP and Win7.  Trout sets very few hotkeys by default and none of them are Ctrl+C.
-skwire (November 04, 2011, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wanted to thank you for the nice app and certainly considering that there is no problem on more modern OS's I would not feel put off in any way if you decide not to pursue the problem.

One other possible clue though is the global and the local option in under hotkeys.  They do not work as I would expect.  For instance, choosing volume up for local with numpadadd as the key functions for volume only when trout is in focus; expected behavior.  However, focusing notepad and pressing numpadadd results in nothing being typed.

I can understand this may be very difficult to solve.  So please don't spend too much time on this.

skwire:
I tracked that bastige down.  It was hardset in one of the third-party libraries that Trout uses.  Sheesh.  :-\ The interesting thing is why it didn't affect Win2000 and above in the same manner.

Now, as to the other hotkey issue, that is something I can look into.  As you can imagine, Win98 testing for Trout has been extremely minimal on my part but Drugwash has kept me honest over the years.   ;D  Anyway, try this latest build and see if it solves the Ctrl+C problem.  You're immortalised in the changelog forever now.   ;)

Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.6 build 47 - 2011-11-04
    ! Under Win98, the Ctrl+C hotkey was being erroneously set.  (Thanks, dave1)

dave1:
Now, as to the other hotkey issue, that is something I can look into.  As you can imagine, Win98 testing for Trout has been extremely minimal on my part but Drugwash has kept me honest over the years.   ;D  Anyway, try this latest build and see if it solves the Ctrl+C problem.  You're immortalised in the changelog forever now.   ;)
-skwire (November 04, 2011, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Whew!!  That was quick.  Works fine.  TYVM.  I'll keep an eye out for the other issue and thanks again.

skwire:
Whew!!  That was quick.  Works fine.  TYVM.  I'll keep an eye out for the other issue and thanks again.-dave1 (November 04, 2011, 10:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the report.  In the meantime, just treat all Trout hotkeys under Win98 as global.  I may end up disabling the "Local" feature for Win98.  It just depends on how big of a PITA this will be to fix.

Drugwash:
Did you copy this config.ini from an XP/7 box?
-skwire (November 04, 2011, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Come to think about it, I may have moved the entire folder around, between machines with different operating systems, for testing purposes, some time ago. Used to be serious about testing but in the mean time, life happened. *sigh*

Nevertheless, a bug could turn into a feature - if this "theme" option would be available under both 9x and NT+, one could safely copy config files between setups and still have a place to tweak things down to personal preferences and OS capabilities. ;)

Still, there must be some nasty code in there, because the seekbar's properties should normally not interfere with VU-meter's; it was probably a shortcut to avoid adding VU-meter specific settings in the Options dialog. But you won't get away with it that easy, while I'm around. :P

Seriously now, I'm very grateful to you for having been so kind as to keep up with 9x when everybody else even forgot this OS family ever existed. And - as you can see and already knew - there are others who have a place for you in their own "Kind and dedicated people" hall of fame.

Thank you very much!  :Thmbsup:

P.S. Forgot to mention: please check the portable folder where you pack the archive; there's another archive inside the main one, with an executable dated October 30. I guess it started to happen around build 40. No biggie, just that it doubles the size of the archive, which may unnecessarily impact on your bandwidth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version