topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)  (Read 689586 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)
« Reply #750 on: October 12, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I did some testing and this appears to be a Windows 7 issue as Windows XP scrolls down to the highlighted folder.  Can anybody else with access to both confirm or deny my findings?

Bziur

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #751 on: October 15, 2011, 05:40 AM »
Will there be ever x64 version?
Would appreciate that. :)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #752 on: October 15, 2011, 08:17 AM »
Will there be ever x64 version?
Would appreciate that. :)

Not anytime soon since I don't have an x64 capable computer.  Besides, I don't think there would be any improvement or benefit from an x64 version of Trout. 

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #753 on: October 18, 2011, 11:57 PM »
I've noticed three strange bugs that may all be due to the same thing since they all involving the Trout icon in the MiniBar.

When the main window is open and a song is playing and I hover over the Trout icon in the MiniBar, the EQ visualizer thingy stops responding.

Also, the hover tooltip thingy will appear, showing what song is currently playing. And if I move my mouse off the MiniBar somewhere random, the tooltip will appear once again at the new location.

Additionally, I often double click the Trout Icon in the MiniBar to bring up the main window, and it appears that any time I do that, the path to a dll file gets copied to my clipboard. On my computer, it's this:

D:\Documents\Dropbox\PortableApps\PortableApps\TroutPortable\App\Trout\res\resources.dll

This is using build 24 but has been happening at least since build 21. Windows 7 x64.

Here are some shots of the tooltip problem:

Screenshot - 10_18_2011 , 10_59_07 PM.png

Screenshot - 10_18_2011 , 10_59_13 PM.png
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 12:06 AM by Deozaan »

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #754 on: October 21, 2011, 07:12 AM »
For what it's worth, I can confirm the above first two issues on a Win98SE system:
1. VU-meter freezes for a second or so before displaying the minibar tooltip again
2. Minibar tooltip is being displayed for a second time when cursor is moved from the minibar icon
This means the codebase is common.

On another note, I've posted in the AHK forums a script that can do progressbar clicking and works in all Windows versions; you may wanna try to use it, to avoid separate code for volume/seekbar.

I wonder why I stopped getting reply notifications from this board...
  :-\

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #755 on: October 21, 2011, 04:15 PM »
I've noticed three strange bugs that may all be due to the same thing since they all involving the Trout icon in the MiniBar.

When the main window is open and a song is playing and I hover over the Trout icon in the MiniBar, the EQ visualizer thingy stops responding.

Also, the hover tooltip thingy will appear, showing what song is currently playing. And if I move my mouse off the MiniBar somewhere random, the tooltip will appear once again at the new location.

Both are fixed in the latest build.  Thanks for testing these for me.

Additionally, I often double click the Trout Icon in the MiniBar to bring up the main window, and it appears that any time I do that, the path to a dll file gets copied to my clipboard. On my computer, it's this:

D:\Documents\Dropbox\PortableApps\PortableApps\TroutPortable\App\Trout\res\resources.dll

After some extensive testing, this appears to be an AHK bug under Win 7 when double-clicking a picture control.  Run the following code after changing the image path to something suitable.  Under Windows XP, double-clicking the image does nothing (as expected).  Under Windows 7, it copies the image path to the clipboard.  Very very odd.

Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. imagePath := "C:\test.png"
  3. Gui, Add, Picture, w300 h300 gOnPic, % imagePath
  4. Return
  6. OnPic:
  7. {
  8.     ; Nothing going on here...
  9. }
  10. Return
  12. {
  13.     ExitApp
  14. }
  15. Return

On another note, I've posted in the AHK forums a script that can do progressbar clicking and works in all Windows versions; you may wanna try to use it, to avoid separate code for volume/seekbar.

Thanks.  Unfortunately for Windows 95/98/2000 users, I have a (mostly) working Unicode compatible build using AHK_L so, if I ever finalise that, support for Windows 95/98/2000 will cease in Trout.

Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.6 build 31 - 2011-10-21
    * Tried to improved tooltip functionality when using minibars.  (Thanks,
      Deozaan)
    ! VU meter should no longer pause on minibar tooltips.  (Thanks, Deozaan)

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #756 on: October 21, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Looks like I'll finally have to finish building my own player and share it with the 9x community that refuses to "die". Oh well...

But before that, could you please check the display of Filenames in the playlist? I'm seeing an unprintable character (empty square )at the end of each filename string. The Sample column also consists of one such character for each row. All other strings are correct.

In the Options dialog, many controls are either truncated (Statics) or wrapped (Checkboxes, Radios). My system's default font is Tahoma 8 and may be wider than yours; please check when possible.

Info buttons do not display the icon in 9x, most likely due to an unsupported function (BCM_SETIMAGELIST ?). BS_ICON or BS_BITMAP and BM_SETIMAGE should work fine in 9x and 7 but may lose button theme in XP; BS_FLAT style could make for a compromise.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #757 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29 PM »
Looks like I'll finally have to finish building my own player and share it with the 9x community that refuses to "die". Oh well...

Well, don't hold your breath.  I've had that build in its current state for months and haven't finished it.

But before that, could you please check the display of Filenames in the playlist? I'm seeing an unprintable character (empty square )at the end of each filename string. The Sample column also consists of one such character for each row. All other strings are correct.

Do me a favour and clear the list and re-add your files.  Let me know if that fixes the issue.

In the Options dialog, many controls are either truncated (Statics) or wrapped (Checkboxes, Radios). My system's default font is Tahoma 8 and may be wider than yours; please check when possible.

Screenshots, please, and I'll endeavour to fix those.

Info buttons do not display the icon in 9x, most likely due to an unsupported function (BCM_SETIMAGELIST ?). BS_ICON or BS_BITMAP and BM_SETIMAGE should work fine in 9x and 7 but may lose button theme in XP; BS_FLAT style could make for a compromise.

I'll see what I can do about this.

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #758 on: October 22, 2011, 02:30 AM »
Everybody gives in to the new, sooner or later. Well, almost everybody...

Clearing and readding to the list fixed the first issue. Out of curiosity: could you elaborate on the cause, in case I stumble into it somewhere else (like an AHK script, I mean)?

I've marked the faulty controls in the screenshots below, together with the missing info icons on buttons.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #759 on: October 26, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Clearing and readding to the list fixed the first issue. Out of curiosity: could you elaborate on the cause, in case I stumble into it somewhere else (like an AHK script, I mean)?

They were just trailing carriage returns that I didn't properly strip.  BTW, those text element issues were caused by your theme as they looked fine on my Win98 VM.  Let me know if the following build fixes things for you.

v1.0.6 build 37 - 2011-10-26
    ! Several Win98 related GUI element fixes.  (Thanks, Drugwash)

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #760 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03 AM »
Everything is OK now. Thank you very much, Jody!  :Thmbsup:

Apologies for late reply - my Internet gateway machine decided to act up (some hardware failure - SM Bus crapped out or something) so it took me some time to crop up a replacement. Thanks goes NOT to the chinese ZTE company that does not deliver Win9x drivers for their UMTS/HSPA modems.  >:(

Sfre

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #761 on: October 30, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Hello again, still enjoying Trout! :Thmbsup:
But there is one small thing.
Sometimes when I change the theme on my computer. The play, pause, stop etc. buttons just show numbers and symbols.
It works ok for some themes but others it just shows the numbers and symbols.
Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about ( don't know how to directly display it in my post  :-[ sorry)

Screenshot

It could just be the theme but I don't know.

IQLover

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • created in PS 4
    • View Profile
    • Lbry
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #762 on: November 01, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Hi skwire,

I find Trout being a GREAT(small) Tool - tried it out just now -the portable version- and I have 2 questions:

1) doesn't matter what song I play - it never shows the Album Art (No Cover) - Why?
2) What is the 'Toaster'??? Is that to rip CDs with?

Thanx
 :Thmbsup:

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #763 on: November 01, 2011, 12:44 AM »
1. Album Art image must be named "folder.jpg" and must be present in the same folder as the audio tracks.
2. Toaster is a small popup window that displays information about the current track at the start (and resume) of playback.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #764 on: November 01, 2011, 12:51 AM »
1. Album Art image must be named "folder.jpg" and must be present in the same folder as the audio tracks.
2. Toaster is a small popup window that displays information about the current track at the start (and resume) of playback.

Thanks, Drugwash.  A cover.jpg file will also work.  IQLover, you can configure the Toaster pop-up under the Tools > Options > Toaster tab.

IQLover

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • created in PS 4
    • View Profile
    • Lbry
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #765 on: November 01, 2011, 01:01 AM »

Thanx 4 the answerbut than it is useless 4 me because all my Cover art pics I have stored in my .MP3-Files. I do not use separate jpg-files in my Music folders...  :huh:

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #766 on: November 01, 2011, 03:52 AM »
Theoretically, that can be done; practically, it may not be easy, unless BASS_ChannelGetTags() is able to retrieve the picture from PIC/APIC tags (according to ID3v2.x version).

Whether to implement this feature or not - this is entirely Skwire's prerogative. ;)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #767 on: November 01, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Thanx 4 the answerbut than it is useless 4 me because all my Cover art pics I have stored in my .MP3-Files. I do not use separate jpg-files in my Music folders...

Give this build a try:

v1.0.6 build 40 - 2011-11-01
    + Added basic support for cover art in tags.  Notes:
        # Only the first image in the file will display.
        # Only JPG and PNG formats are supported.
        # Will not work on Win9x/ME.  =[

Winkie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #768 on: November 01, 2011, 01:20 PM »
    + Added basic support for cover art in tags.
:o... Thanx skwire  :Thmbsup: Works as advertised here on my Win XP system.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #769 on: November 01, 2011, 01:23 PM »
:o... Thanx skwire  :Thmbsup: Works as advertised here on my Win XP system.

Cool, thanks for the report.

Winkie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #770 on: November 01, 2011, 01:42 PM »
thanks for the report.
You're welcome.

2) What is the 'Toaster'???
@skwire: maybe rename the "Enable toaster popup" to "Enable toaster popup on song change" is a little bit clearer what to expect?

Another thing, can you change the "Show toaster popup" hotkey action to always show the toaster?
That is: show it also if the options "Enable toaster popup" = False and/or "Do not show toaster popup while main window is active" = True.

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #771 on: November 01, 2011, 02:12 PM »
You'd be amazed. ;) With the help of KernelEx, it does work; I assume you're using ther AudioGenie capabilities for this task. However, I don't have many tracks with embedded pictures and of all, only one gets displayed. Looking through the ID3 tags with a hex editor, I can see the fields are messed up, so it's probably correct.
Congratulations for a quick and well done job!  :up:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #772 on: November 01, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Well, I tested it in my vanilla Win98 VM and it didn't work (and I didn't expect it to).  Good to hear it works for you.

Drugwash

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #773 on: November 01, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Heh... vanilla seems to be an obsolete flavor. :P Try KernelEx and Revolutions Pack (with all extra requirements) and you'll see a whole lotta apps working that officially shouldn't. ;)

Besides, I don't think there's many Win9x users that have plain, vanilla systems nowadays; I'd assume most of them would improve/update with the unofficial packs at MSFN. But yeah, that's on the unofficial side so few developers would go there.  8)

IQLover

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • created in PS 4
    • View Profile
    • Lbry
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #774 on: November 01, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Thanx 4 the answerbut than it is useless 4 me because all my Cover art pics I have stored in my .MP3-Files. I do not use separate jpg-files in my Music folders...

Give this build a try:

v1.0.6 build 40 - 2011-11-01
    + Added basic support for cover art in tags.  Notes:
        # Only the first image in the file will display.
        # Only JPG and PNG formats are supported.

Thanx, this one works, BUT Only 'partially'; means:

I loaded 2-5 Songs (from diff. albums & artists!) into the playlist and it shows the pic of the song #1.
If I click the next button to play the next song, the Picture of the previous song is still visible instead
of the new one. I restarted the player and played that song (where previously the pic wasn't shown)
but now I can see it - any idea???