ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (149/174) > >>

Deozaan:
I've noticed something strange.

I often use headphones in my PC (Win 7 x64) but will sometimes unplug them. It seems as though Trout doesn't know how to respond to a change in the audio output device. If headphones are in when I start Trout and then I unplug the headphones, no songs will play. It shows an "error" or "notification" symbol/icon in the playlist and skips to the next song, at which point it does the same thing, etc.

Same thing happens if headphones are unplugged when Trout starts and then get plugged in.

Basically, I have to restart Trout to get it to play songs if I change the audio output from speakers to headphones.

skwire:
I will assume you are using USB-based headphones?  If so, you're correct, Trout doesn't know how to handle that.

Dormouse:
It seems as though Trout doesn't know how to respond to a change in the audio output device. If headphones are in when I start Trout and then I unplug the headphones, no songs will play. It shows an "error" or "notification" symbol/icon in the playlist and skips to the next song, at which point it does the same thing, etc.

Same thing happens if headphones are unplugged when Trout starts and then get plugged in.

Basically, I have to restart Trout to get it to play songs if I change the audio output from speakers to headphones.
-Deozaan (October 04, 2011, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I find quite a few programs have the same feature. And I don't use usb headphones. It is something I take advantage of some times as well as being a minor inconvenience at others. Never tried to list which progs worked this way and which don't.

Deozaan:
I will assume you are using USB-based headphones?  If so, you're correct, Trout doesn't know how to handle that.
-skwire (October 04, 2011, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I'm using USB-based headphones.

I find quite a few programs have the same feature. And I don't use usb headphones. It is something I take advantage of some times as well as being a minor inconvenience at others. Never tried to list which progs worked this way and which don't.
-Dormouse (October 05, 2011, 02:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Other programs will still make the sounds, but they will continue to play on the initial device they were told to play on. e.g. If the audio device was the speakers and I plug the headphones in, the audio will still play on the speakers. Or if the audio device was the headphones and I unplug them, it will still play (or act like it is playing the sound) but of course I can't hear it because the headphones are no longer plugged in.

Trout is different in that it doesn't "pretend" to play the audio file. It just errors out on each track and skips to the next one.

I guess I'm still trying to decide if Trout refusing to play a track when the audio device has changed is smarter/better than just playing the file on the original audio device even if that means you can't hear it. :-\

skwire:
Website | Installer | Portable
v1.0.6 build 24 - 2011-10-07
    ! MOD, IT, S3M, & MIDI playback was broken.  (Thanks, Matera the Mad)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version