ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (134/174) > >>

panzer:
Yup. Sorry. I haven't seen it.

superboyac:
Trout currently has a "Pause track after # minutes idle."  Is this good enough?
-skwire (February 15, 2011, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, skwire!  Now we are getting close!  Ok ok...is it possible to invoke the command indicated above using commandline arguments?  The software I mentioned, Alarm++, has the flexibility to do what I want with the snooze, I just need the player to be able to play nice with the program.  Here's the screen to configure the launching of Trout:

So how can we configure this so that the program launches trout with a specific playlist on shuffle, AND it has to pause after 9 minutes?  In that screenshot, it could be configured like so:
Open: trout.exe
Arguments: /play

Will that work?  Here are the issues I see.  I can see the program being launched the first time the alarm runs.  Good.  Now, let's say the track gets paused after 9 minutes, and one minute later (10-minute snooze) the alarm rings again, what argument is going to unpause the player?  Is it going to launch another player?  Is that going to work?

skwire:
Open: trout.exe
Arguments: /play-superboyac (February 15, 2011, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Trout can already do this.  Here are the switches it supports:

/play, /stop, /next, /prev, /mute, /clipboard, /clearlist

Sending a /play while it's playing will result in a pause (acts as a toggle).  Trout is single-instance only so no worries about it launching two...unless you're running the second Trout from a different directory.

superboyac:
OK thanks!  I knew my answer was in Trout somewhere.  Excellent work.  I'm going to experiment, and then maybe I'll post about how to have the most perfect alarm clock setup ever created.

panzer:
If someone from you use Spider player as a main player (or as a secondary player to Trout), then listen to this: Spider Player Pro is now offered for free from their main site http://spider-player.com/ (look under what's new).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version