ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (122/174) > >>

skwire:
The volume bar does not have a border to contain it (unlike the seekbar). Bug or feature?  :)-brotherS (January 13, 2011, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know what you're referring to in this case.

Hmm... it seems in the latest version a 'feature' of a/the previous version got lost. When I start Trout, it now starts with a blank Seekbar and Titlebar - I loved that it used to display the file that it would play next at startup already, *before* hitting the play button. (Play Mode = Random)-brotherS (January 07, 2011, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I went back several versions but I don't see this feature you're describing.  At any rate, I can populate the seekbar text on startup but the titlebar doesn't get activated until a song is playing (it's always been this way, I believe).

When I let Trout run in the background (paused, while doing other stuff) for an hour or two, and then go back to Trout to resume, Trout - unsuccessfully - tries to go through the whole playlist in a quick succession, not being able to play a single file.-brotherS (January 07, 2011, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have no idea what would be causing this.  I routinely leave Trout paused for long periods of time (overnight) and have no problems resuming playback.  Are your music files on a network drive that disconnects or a USB drive that has gone into standby, perhaps?

brotherS:
The volume bar does not have a border to contain it (unlike the seekbar). Bug or feature?  :)-brotherS (January 13, 2011, 03:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know what you're referring to in this case.-skwire (January 13, 2011, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hard to describe... let me try with an image:

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

Hmm... it seems in the latest version a 'feature' of a/the previous version got lost. When I start Trout, it now starts with a blank Seekbar and Titlebar - I loved that it used to display the file that it would play next at startup already, *before* hitting the play button. (Play Mode = Random)-brotherS (January 07, 2011, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I went back several versions but I don't see this feature you're describing.  At any rate, I can populate the seekbar text on startup but the titlebar doesn't get activated until a song is playing (it's always been this way, I believe).-skwire (January 13, 2011, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just populating the seekbar with that text would be great!

When I let Trout run in the background (paused, while doing other stuff) for an hour or two, and then go back to Trout to resume, Trout - unsuccessfully - tries to go through the whole playlist in a quick succession, not being able to play a single file.-brotherS (January 07, 2011, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have no idea what would be causing this.  I routinely leave Trout paused for long periods of time (overnight) and have no problems resuming playback.  Are your music files on a network drive that disconnects or a USB drive that has gone into standby, perhaps?
-skwire (January 13, 2011, 08:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... I have external drives that go into standby, but the files in Trout are on a local TrueCrypt volume that's always 'connected'.

brotherS:
Oh, I forgot: is it possible for you to make the "Random" play mode a tiny little bit less random? So that it would not play the same file twice in a row?
8)

skwire:
Oh, I forgot: is it possible for you to make the "Random" play mode a tiny little bit less random? So that it would not play the same file twice in a row?
8)-brotherS (January 13, 2011, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

It should already do this check.

brotherS:
8)-brotherS (January 13, 2011, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

It should already do this check.
-skwire (January 13, 2011, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, it doesn't here.  ;)

Did the image help to make clear what I meant?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version