ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (51/174) > >>

none exist:
Really Clear Software
cpu: less then 2%
easy, economic, portable, powerfull

if you add these optionsto the trout it can be the best;
    add lyrcs automaticly to song.
    suggest repairing option for wrong tags.

skwire:
[...]
i feel quite ashamed to ask for more. but hear me out :P
-alooper21 (March 05, 2009, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the kind words and feedback.  Please don't ever feel ashamed to make a feature request.  Trout wouldn't be what it's become if it wasn't for everybody pitching in with their suggestions and bug reports.

1. really needs an equalizer for those people that like to tweak sound a bit. no fancy effects like surround effects and such, but a basic "5 lines" equalizer.
2. tomorrow i'll buy myself an ipod, and if this baby would be able to sync and create folder structure by reading the tags it would be jaw-dropping (tough i heard ipods don't like to bond with anything but itunes). this is not a request! but the one with the equalizer might be :P
3. double-click on album art to open it in viewer instead of right-click+click. if you don't plan to expand that menu you can simply replace it with this double-click.
-alooper21 (March 05, 2009, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
1) Yes, an EQ is on the ToDo.  This will add some CPU usage, however.
2) I don't own an iPod so I doubt this will happen.
3) Originally, I had it working with a double-click and I can't recall why I took it out.  My notes don't show anything.  :-[  I'll add it back in there (and keep the current menu, too).

another option would be "open file location", like wmp, or, to be original, "go to file". but is ok as it is already.
-alooper21 (March 05, 2009, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice, I think I like "Open file location" the best.  Anybody else have any input on this?

if you add these optionsto the trout it can be the best;
    add lyrcs automaticly to song.
    suggest repairing option for wrong tags.
-none exist (March 05, 2009, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
1) A lyrics window is on the ToDo.
2) Hmmm...I'm not sure what you're asking for here.  You can already right-click a file and edit its tags.  Did you want something different?

skwire:
v1.0.2 build 196
    + Loading a data CD with the "Load audio CD" menu entry will now add those files to the
      list.  [Thanks, daonlyfreez]
    + Added "Show toaster popup" as a hotkeyable item.  [Thanks, k3ph]
    * Changed the "Explore here" menu option to "Open file location".  [Thanks, alooper21]

Deozaan:
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I noticed after I loaded a playlist with thousands of songs that while it was loading them all up, if I right click on one of the table headers (you know, you left-click them to sort the list by that column) it would stop loading the songs until I finished with my right-click business.

This is on Windows XP with the Trout build 197.

And by the way: WOW! I didn't know such a thing was possible using AHK. This is simply beautiful. This just might be the audio player to get me to finally upgrade from WinAmp 2.81 Lite (August 21, 2002) which I love so much I still use it to this day.

EDIT: Always on Top is hard to find. I think it should also be available as an option from the tray icon. And it seems the MiniBar should snap to the edges of the monitor if it's within ~10 pixels. Or at least have an option to do that. :)

skwire:
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I noticed after I loaded a playlist with thousands of songs that while it was loading them all up, if I right click on one of the table headers (you know, you left-click them to sort the list by that column) it would stop loading the songs until I finished with my right-click business.-Deozaan (March 09, 2009, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's an AHK behaviour, though, I have seen it with other languages in the past.  I'm fairly certain is has to do with AHK being single-threaded but I couldn't say for sure.  Nothing should be missed during the file loading i.e. that thread will pick back up when you're done with the context menu.

And by the way: WOW! I didn't know such a thing was possible using AHK. This is simply beautiful. This just might be the audio player to get me to finally upgrade from WinAmp 2.81 Lite (August 21, 2002) which I love so much I still use it to this day.-Deozaan (March 09, 2009, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the nice compliment.  I'm glad you tried it out.

EDIT: Always on Top is hard to find. I think it should also be available as an option from the tray icon.-Deozaan (March 09, 2009, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
There is no AoT setting for the main window so I assume you mean for the minibars.  I couldn't think of a better place for it other than the minibar menu.  I could build out a specific minibar menu that would show up in the tray menu.

And it seems the MiniBar should snap to the edges of the monitor if it's within ~10 pixels. Or at least have an option to do that. :)-Deozaan (March 09, 2009, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'll add that to the ToDo.  Thanks.  =]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version