ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (17/174) > >>

Controller:
Windows 95/98 isn't supported by Trout.  Apologies.
-skwire (January 15, 2009, 11:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
3) AHK doesn't have native unicode support.  I've added unicode handling where I can in Trout using all manner of tricks.  Believe me, if I could figure out a way to handle unicode paths, I would add it in a heartbeat.
--- End quote ---
Didn't see anything alike in the import table. As Windows 98 is not supported, can you compile as unicode executable?

1) Trout doesn't use the system mixer for volume control.  All volumes are handled within Trout/BASS.
2) No joystick support at the moment but that would be trivial to add.
--- End quote ---
Just wondered about the imports

I'll hit each of these points in the event that you can use Trout on 2k/XP/Vista.
--- End quote ---
Just tested on Windows XP (SP3 with 'some' nLite), and found this errors too:

* The main buttons show strange letters: 9 ; : and 7 < 8 (using default font / MS Sans Serif s8):

(Seems same as on Windows 98, so I did not make another screenshot)
* Canceling color chooser for background color changes the background color in the setup dialog, and this colors are applied. All font settings are applied imediatelly without me pressing the OK button (As there is no Cancel button, guess it's supposed to be that way)

* On Windows 98, the systray icons shows only a "white H on green background"...
-Controller (January 15, 2009, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Are these icons useless on Windows NT series?

Another nice change would be if your setup dialog would fit on screen resolutions of 640x480 (Even so Windows XP 'requires' at least 800x600, some Mini-Laptops like mine support e.g. 800x480 only - but considering all that probs I already had with games and some apps because a) this low resolution and b) widescreen, I don't care anymore... and just don't use those software)

skwire:
Didn't see anything alike in the import table. As Windows 98 is not supported, can you compile as unicode executable?

1) Trout doesn't use the system mixer for volume control.  All volumes are handled within Trout/BASS.
2) No joystick support at the moment but that would be trivial to add.
--- End quote ---
Just wondered about the imports
-Controller (January 16, 2009, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "imports" or "import table".  As for compiling a unicode executable, again, AutoHotkey (AHK) doesn't have unicode support. 

Just tested on Windows XP (SP3 with 'some' nLite), and found this errors too:

* The main buttons show strange letters: 9 ; : and 7 < 8 (using default font / MS Sans Serif s8):
--- End quote ---
-Controller (January 16, 2009, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm going to assume your system is missing the Webdings font.  This should be installed by default on all 2k/XP/Vista systems.  Maybe the nLite deletes it?  With that said, I am looking into options where I can dynamically load a font so this sort of thing doesn't happen.

* Canceling color chooser for background color changes the background color in the setup dialog, and this colors are applied. All font settings are applied imediatelly without me pressing the OK button (As there is no Cancel button, guess it's supposed to be that way)-Controller (January 16, 2009, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I see this bug as well.  Thank you, I'll fix it in the next build.

Another nice change would be if your setup dialog would fit on screen resolutions of 640x480 (Even so Windows XP 'requires' at least 800x600, some Mini-Laptops like mine support e.g. 800x480 only - but considering all that probs I already had with games and some apps because a) this low resolution and b) widescreen, I don't care anymore... and just don't use those software)
--- End quote ---
Do you mean the installer?  Or the Options dialog within Trout itself?

app103:
Thanks for your feedback and apologies, again, about the Windows 98 limitation.  I added some clarifying text to my initial post in this thread.
--- End quote ---

You should also add ME to the not supported list.

skwire:
You should also add ME to the not supported list.
-app103 (January 16, 2009, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reminder!

Controller:
--- End quote ---
Do you mean the installer?  Or the Options dialog within Trout itself?
-skwire (January 16, 2009, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
The options dialog in Trout itself; See
http://cachemiss.bplaced.net/trout.jpg (hopefully this link is working)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version