ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (9/174) > >>

skwire:
How about an field under Options where you can enter in whatever you'd like to appear if a tag is missing?  You could put something like "<missing>", etc.

skwire:
Doing my promised XP test...
I am happy to say that all the issues reported before were 9x (or slow pc) related and not appearing on XP.
-app103 (January 05, 2009, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you very much.  That is great to hear.

Is there anything you can do about untagged files leaving a blank line?
 (see attachment in previous post)
(on second thought, this might be a good thing, since it will allow me to easily see which files have missing tags, so I can fix them)
--- End quote ---
As I mentioned to apfel, how about an option where you could specify what would go there?  "<missing>", "<tag me please>", etc.  =]

I am in love with the minibar! (you still need to make sure it can't leave the desktop, though) :-*
--- End quote ---
Do you mean you would like it constrained within the desktop boundaries set by 1) screen edge or 2) app bars?

This is a really nice player and there are only a few reasons left for me to ever use Winamp again:
--- End quote ---
[snip]

- Even though last.fm support is not something I use, it _is_ on my short list.

- Tag editing...hmmmm...I've struggled with deciding to add this or not.  My reasons are twofold, 1) I'm loathe to modify user files (I'd really hate to screw that up, you know?) and 2) there are much more capable tag editors out there than I could ever hope to write.  That being said, it wouldn't be difficult to add simple tagging capabilities.  Would one file at a time (and just the basic fields) be okay with you?  Or were you hoping for multiple files at a time (definitely doable).

- Media library.  Again, something I've been shying away from doing in the hopes of keeping Trout a small, simple player.  What did you have in mind?

- Remove dead and duplicates.  Yes, I'll add these.

- Nasties to recycle bin.  Yes, will do.

- Explorer shell integration.  I actually have this (mostly) working.  It works fine if you select only one file (or one folder) and choose the context menu entry.  The interesting thing is that my code does handle multiple files/folders when dropped onto the playlist and/or the application shortcut.  However, when called from the context menu, the list is out of order and seems to come in randomly.  I need to do some more research into this to learn how to handle it.

Credits on their way.
--- End quote ---

Thank you.  =]

app103:
The library isn't mandatory. I can get by without that. Don't worry about it.

Some sort of marking of <missing tag> would be just fine.

It's important you don't include that info in what you send to last.fm (when you support that), and don't send any info for files in which either the title or artist tags are missing.

Simple tag editing of one file at a time, just so I can fill in the missing stuff that should be showing in the playlist is all I need: Artist - Title - Album - Year - Genre (same stuff you show in the list)

That way if I notice a file has missing info I can quick fill it in before it plays, and the right info can be sent to last.fm.

I know you are doing this in AHK, but here is sort of what I mean about confining the minibar to desktop, in Delphi:

--- Code: Delphi ---procedure TForm1.OnMove(var Msg: TWMMove);  // prevents form from leaving screenbegin  inherited;  if Form1.Left <= 0 then     Form1.Left := 0;  if Form1.Top <= 0 then     Form1.Top := 0;  if Form1.Left >= Screen.Width - Form1.Width then     Form1.Left := Screen.Width - Form1.Width;  if Form1.Top >= Screen.Height - Form1.Height then     Form1.Top := Screen.Height - Form1.Height;end;
Only you don't want to base it on screen like I did there. You would be better off basing it on the desktop or you'll have issues with multi-monitor situations, where the minibar wouldn't be able to be placed on a different monitor other than the main one.

- Explorer shell integration.  I actually have this (mostly) working.  It works fine if you select only one file (or one folder) and choose the context menu entry.  The interesting thing is that my code does handle multiple files/folders when dropped onto the playlist and/or the application shortcut.  However, when called from the context menu, the list is out of order and seems to come in randomly.  I need to do some more research into this to learn how to handle it.
-skwire (January 06, 2009, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

The list is usually randomly out of order in Winamp when loading multiple files from Explorer, too, so don't feel bad.

But wouldn't toggling the listbox sort property off and then back on (to resort) fix that?

nogojoe:
Hi skwire.

Possibly another bug.
I'm having trouble getting Trout to play from my CD player using your File Menu -Play audio CD in drive *.

If it can't load the full data full  off the CD (or does it get it from the internet ??)  it fails to load and I have to go to File Menu -Add folder to get it to load and then it only loads as Track01.cda etc.
then I start the songs off at track 1 and if I want select track 4  it won't let me it has to play track 1 and the only way to get to track 4 is to wait till its turn comes up.
I thought maybe the doubleclicking was causing the trouble and tried to select track 1 and using the up-down keys with enter but same still applies just plays track 1.

nogojoe

app103:
nogojoe.

Did you check the box in the options that allows it to fetch the track info from the internet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version