ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (8/174) > >>

garbanzo:
this is huge!

as much as i love Billy (i've heard an update is due soon!), you're right, it's a bit too slim.

i'm at work now so i can't try this out, but it's going to be my first order of business when i get home!

can this open a folder full of files at once by just opening one file like Billy does?

skwire:
can this open a folder full of files at once by just opening one file like Billy does?
-garbanzo (January 05, 2009, 04:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm...I'm not sure what you mean by "open a folder full of files at once by just opening one file."  With Trout, you can use the following methods:

"File -> Add file(s)"  This will bring up a standard file selection dialog where you can select one or more files to load.
"File -> Add folder"  This will bring up a standard folder selection dialog where you can select a folder.  It will load that folder recursively.
"File -> Load playlist"  This will bring up a standard file selection dialog where you can load a playlist file (m3u, pls, or wpl).  This might be what you're referring to.
"File -> Add URL"  This will bring up a small dialog to let you paste in a URL to attempt to stream.
You can also simply drag and drop folders or files to the playlist, program icon, or minibars.

Does that answer your question?

garbanzo:
thanks for the reply. i'll try to be more clear.

in Billy, you can set it so that if it's your default audio player, and you double-click one file in explorer, all files in that folder are loaded into the current playlist. it's just a quick way of loading an album.

app103:
Doing my promised XP test...

I am happy to say that all the issues reported before were 9x (or slow pc) related and not appearing on XP.

Is there anything you can do about untagged files leaving a blank line?

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

(on second thought, this might be a good thing, since it will allow me to easily see which files have missing tags, so I can fix them)

I am in love with the minibar! (you still need to make sure it can't leave the desktop, though) :-*

This is a really nice player and there are only a few reasons left for me to ever use Winamp again:

* last.fm support
* tag editing
* media library
* ability to remove dead files & duplicates from playlists
* ability to send nasty songs to recycle bin
* Explorer shell integration (play or enqueue from context menu)
Other than those, you have it ALL covered for me.  :Thmbsup:

Credits on their way.

apfel:
Is there anything you can do about untagged files leaving a blank line?
--- End quote ---
The same problem for me, after adding radio station to the playlist.
I cant see anything because I set the path column to off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version