ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)

<< < (117/174) > >>

brotherS:
Ok guys, quick questions since I haven't played around with Trout in quite some time: is it possible to use Trout as a 'random directory player' for more than one directory*? Would I just have to install it more than once for that purpose? (Trout A for directory X, and Trout B for directory Y)

*in a way that it would just randomly play the files in a given directory, and would update its list if I add files to the directory after Trout had been closed before

skwire:
*in a way that it would just randomly play the files in a given directory, and would update its list if I add files to the directory after Trout had been closed before-brotherS (December 23, 2010, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, but it does have a "Remove duplicates" feature so you can load the directory again (after adding new files to it), run the "Remove duplicates" command, and then just play it in Random mode.  There is also a "Remove dead entries" command to quickly glean out tracks that you have deleted but are still in Trout's playlist.  You'll find both commands in the Edit menu and you can hotkey them as well in Trout's Options dialog.

brotherS:
Ah, that's helpful. Thanks and merry xmas!

brotherS:
...and here's a request :D

Please make the random option even more random: when I close and restart Trout, it plays the first file in the list - every time I restart Trout. Only when I click the "next file" button, the random mode really kicks in.

app103:
...and here's a request :D

Please make the random option even more random: when I close and restart Trout, it plays the first file in the list - every time I restart Trout. Only when I click the "next file" button, the random mode really kicks in.
-brotherS (December 23, 2010, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I get around that by using the "Remove track after playback" option found on the List menu. That way it can't play the same files over and over, even when restarting. After playing the first file, it's no longer on the list to be played again. This ensures no repeats as long as there are still files in the list. When the list is empty, reload the folder and begin again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version