I only registered here because of this player. As a couple other users around, I'm using Win9x too - Win98SE, to be more precise. As such, I'd appreciate if you would allow me/us to help in fixing the few (minor, I'd say) issues that we found in testing this script.
Basically what needs attention are:
- missing tags
- seek and volume progressbars not functional (sliders might've been better for 9x)
- currently playing icon appears to be 32bit, thus displaying a black background in 9x
Other issues I noticed would be:
- Options panel out of screen at the bottom (on 1024x768 resolution)
- lack of drag'n'drop sorting in playlist (major issue for me personally)
It would be interesting to try and make the list view RichEdit-aware; since I've tested and cRichEdit can display Unicode characters correctly on my system and you already manipulate strings in Unicode mode, maybe we could get it to display the Unicode ID3 tags properly in 9x.
If you're willing to give us 9x people a chance, please contact me by PM here, on AHK board or on Miranda IM board
(if you're registered there).
Oh and here's Trout Player on my 98SE system: