Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 19, 2014, 10:59:58 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Really impressed: BB Flashback, Blueberry software upgrade policy  (Read 7095 times)
tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 10, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »

A huge compliment to Blueberry software, the makers of BB Flashback. I originally bought it in December 2006, almost two years ago, at a 50% (or so) Donationcoder discount.  Kiss That was version 1.5.

Version 2.0 has been out for a while, with cool new features (scroll down the page for what's new). The full price is rather steep, at $225. Registered 1.5 users can upgrade for $99 - fair enough, but still costly. Click the Upgrade link, and you're taken to a page with several upgrade options, one of which reads I had an educational or charity discount when I purchased BB FlashBack. Do I get a discount on the upgrade?. Answer: Heck yeah! thumbs up

Enter your existing license number, and if you originally bought at a discount, the same discount percentage is applied to your purchase of 2.0! I have to use all thse exclamation points, because I could hardly believe it. So it's not $225, and not $99 either - I upgraded to version 2.0 for $49.50.

...and before I finished downloading the new version I already had an email with the new registration code.

Really impressive. Thank you, Donationcoder, and thank you Blueberry Software. A major win.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:20:09 PM by tranglos » Logged

J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 02:10:50 AM »

I would love to get BB Flashback, but that initial price - even with the DC discount - is too steep for me, unfortunately. I do have a need for screencasting software but I don't have a big need. And at that price I would pretty much be wasting the license. I won't spend anything for the Express version because it is limited and I would hate to get it because of price alone and find out the limitations are too great for me. (You never really see how the limitations affect you until you purchase, in my experience).

As it is I have to get by with Jing.

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
widgewunner

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »

Hi everybody,

First post. I recently discovered this place after searching for screencasting software. Was impressed with your thorough software reviews and the overall positive tone of the posts and content here. I registered and am posting here to let everyone know that the BB Flashback Express version is now free. Figured some of you might want to know.

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions? I haven't donated anything yet, but might be inticed into it... :^)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:48:18 PM »

That's great news -- the express version is definitely sufficient for most small screencasts Thmbsup

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions?
there's an ongoing 50% discount on bb flashback pro -- just tested it and it still works.
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 10:57:03 PM »

Hi everybody,

First post. I recently discovered this place after searching for screencasting software. Was impressed with your thorough software reviews and the overall positive tone of the posts and content here. I registered and am posting here to let everyone know that the BB Flashback Express version is now free. Figured some of you might want to know.

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions? I haven't donated anything yet, but might be inticed into it... :^)

Wow! And here I was just at their site recently, drooling as usual over the full version and wishing I had a strong enough need to get it! Of course I dod not even take notice that the Express version was free. Story of my life!

Thank you for the heads up, widgewunner! On my way to download it now!  (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   Grin )

Jim

Edit:  Hmm.. Weird - Looks like the policy is the same: Express is a free download and a 30 trial. But on the Express page itself it says "Free forever". I guess they just changed this and haven't edited all their pages yet. Cool - Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:02:53 PM by J-Mac » Logged

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »

Hi everybody,

thanks for the heads-up, widgewunner.. thumbs up btw, is there a link showing the difference between full program and the express edition? i can't seem to find any..

J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 02:34:29 AM »

Hi everybody,

thanks for the heads-up, widgewunner.. thumbs up btw, is there a link showing the difference between full program and the express edition? i can't seem to find any..

Right here:  http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress/CompareEditions.aspx

Jim

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 07:33:32 AM »

thanks, quite a handy chart and the express edition isn't lacking in the recording section..

fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:47:53 AM »

Just wondering.

Main site says that Express edition is free but after clicking on Download button you can see:

BB FlashBack Express is free for 30 days - no missing features, no adware and no spyware.

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
When I am bored I write for displaynone smiley
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 08:52:50 AM »

Main site says that Express edition is free but after clicking on Download button you can see:

BB FlashBack Express is free for 30 days - no missing features, no adware and no spyware.

J-Mac pointed out the same anomaly earlier and it seems that he's found the solution..

Edit:  Hmm.. Weird - Looks like the policy is the same: Express is a free download and a 30 trial. But on the Express page itself it says "Free forever". I guess they just changed this and haven't edited all their pages yet. Cool - Thanks again.

fenixproductions
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 08:54:38 AM »

redface I must be blind...

Edited:
Truly blind. I've downloaded provided version and it says "Evaluation copy". It asks for licence key but I can't find a link for generating one.

Also, while installing it says:
This is not free software, and usage requires a licence from Blueberry Software.

I think I will wait until they fix their website and exe files.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:34:50 PM by fenixproductions » Logged

Надо было учиться, а не камни в школу бросать...
--
When I am bored I write for displaynone smiley
--
f0dder is my personal hero smiley
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »

yes, it seems like they've yet to update their installers..

J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

Leftover from April 1?  tellme

Jim

widgewunner

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »

... (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   Grin )

You hit the nail white on da head! My CB handle from the 80's was ridgerunner and that is the username I always try to get when signing up for this or that internet site, but it is frequently taken. Thus I came up with the Elmer Fudd version with its "off-the-beaten-path" spelling. As you can see from my avatar, I fly hang gliders for fun and fweqwentwy wun widges! - check out my "widgewunner channel" on YouTube for some cheesy videos! :^)
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »

... (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   Grin )

You hit the nail white on da head! My CB handle from the 80's was ridgerunner and that is the username I always try to get when signing up for this or that internet site, but it is frequently taken. Thus I came up with the Elmer Fudd version with its "off-the-beaten-path" spelling. As you can see from my avatar, I fly hang gliders for fun and fweqwentwy wun widges! - check out my "widgewunner channel" on YouTube for some cheesy videos! :^)

Grin Grin Grin

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »

You hit the nail white on da head!
I can't help but wonder, widgewunner you?

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.17 ]