topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Really impressed: BB Flashback, Blueberry software upgrade policy  (Read 16754 times)

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A huge compliment to Blueberry software, the makers of BB Flashback. I originally bought it in December 2006, almost two years ago, at a 50% (or so) Donationcoder discount.  :-* That was version 1.5.

Version 2.0 has been out for a while, with cool new features (scroll down the page for what's new). The full price is rather steep, at $225. Registered 1.5 users can upgrade for $99 - fair enough, but still costly. Click the Upgrade link, and you're taken to a page with several upgrade options, one of which reads I had an educational or charity discount when I purchased BB FlashBack. Do I get a discount on the upgrade?. Answer: Heck yeah! :up:

Enter your existing license number, and if you originally bought at a discount, the same discount percentage is applied to your purchase of 2.0! I have to use all thse exclamation points, because I could hardly believe it. So it's not $225, and not $99 either - I upgraded to version 2.0 for $49.50.

...and before I finished downloading the new version I already had an email with the new registration code.

Really impressive. Thank you, Donationcoder, and thank you Blueberry Software. A major win.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:20 PM by tranglos »

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Really impressed: BB Flashback, Blueberry software upgrade policy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 02:10 AM »
I would love to get BB Flashback, but that initial price - even with the DC discount - is too steep for me, unfortunately. I do have a need for screencasting software but I don't have a big need. And at that price I would pretty much be wasting the license. I won't spend anything for the Express version because it is limited and I would hate to get it because of price alone and find out the limitations are too great for me. (You never really see how the limitations affect you until you purchase, in my experience).

As it is I have to get by with Jing.

Jim

widgewunner

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
BB Flashback Express version is now free
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Hi everybody,

First post. I recently discovered this place after searching for screencasting software. Was impressed with your thorough software reviews and the overall positive tone of the posts and content here. I registered and am posting here to let everyone know that the BB Flashback Express version is now free. Figured some of you might want to know.

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions? I haven't donated anything yet, but might be inticed into it... :^)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:48 PM »
That's great news -- the express version is definitely sufficient for most small screencasts :Thmbsup:

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions?
there's an ongoing 50% discount on bb flashback pro -- just tested it and it still works.

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: BB Flashback Express version is now free
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Hi everybody,

First post. I recently discovered this place after searching for screencasting software. Was impressed with your thorough software reviews and the overall positive tone of the posts and content here. I registered and am posting here to let everyone know that the BB Flashback Express version is now free. Figured some of you might want to know.

Also, I'm curious if there are any currrent discounts for the more deluxe BB Flashback versions? I haven't donated anything yet, but might be inticed into it... :^)

Wow! And here I was just at their site recently, drooling as usual over the full version and wishing I had a strong enough need to get it! Of course I dod not even take notice that the Express version was free. Story of my life!

Thank you for the heads up, widgewunner! On my way to download it now!  (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   ;D )

Jim

Edit:  Hmm.. Weird - Looks like the policy is the same: Express is a free download and a 30 trial. But on the Express page itself it says "Free forever". I guess they just changed this and haven't edited all their pages yet. Cool - Thanks again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:02 PM by J-Mac »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:24 AM »
Hi everybody,

thanks for the heads-up, widgewunner.. :up: btw, is there a link showing the difference between full program and the express edition? i can't seem to find any..

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 02:34 AM »
Hi everybody,

thanks for the heads-up, widgewunner.. :up: btw, is there a link showing the difference between full program and the express edition? i can't seem to find any..

Right here:  http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress/CompareEditions.aspx

Jim

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 07:33 AM »
Right here:  http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBackExpress/CompareEditions.aspx

thanks, quite a handy chart and the express edition isn't lacking in the recording section..

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 08:47 AM »
Just wondering.

Main site says that Express edition is free but after clicking on Download button you can see:

BB FlashBack Express is free for 30 days - no missing features, no adware and no spyware.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Main site says that Express edition is free but after clicking on Download button you can see:

BB FlashBack Express is free for 30 days - no missing features, no adware and no spyware.
-fenixproductions (April 12, 2009, 08:47 AM)

J-Mac pointed out the same anomaly earlier and it seems that he's found the solution..

Edit:  Hmm.. Weird - Looks like the policy is the same: Express is a free download and a 30 trial. But on the Express page itself it says "Free forever". I guess they just changed this and haven't edited all their pages yet. Cool - Thanks again.

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 08:54 AM »
 :redface: I must be blind...

Edited:
Truly blind. I've downloaded provided version and it says "Evaluation copy". It asks for licence key but I can't find a link for generating one.

Also, while installing it says:
This is not free software, and usage requires a licence from Blueberry Software.

I think I will wait until they fix their website and exe files.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 08:34 PM by fenixproductions »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 08:10 PM »
yes, it seems like they've yet to update their installers..

ws-bbex-install-1.pngReally impressed: BB Flashback, Blueberry software upgrade policy

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 11:16 PM »
Leftover from April 1?  :tellme:

Jim

widgewunner

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 03:25 PM »
... (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   ;D )

You hit the nail white on da head! My CB handle from the 80's was ridgerunner and that is the username I always try to get when signing up for this or that internet site, but it is frequently taken. Thus I came up with the Elmer Fudd version with its "off-the-beaten-path" spelling. As you can see from my avatar, I fly hang gliders for fun and fweqwentwy wun widges! - check out my "widgewunner channel" on YouTube for some cheesy videos! :^)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 04:14 PM »
... (Oh, I feel wike Elmeh Fuud when I twy to say your username out loud!!   ;D )

You hit the nail white on da head! My CB handle from the 80's was ridgerunner and that is the username I always try to get when signing up for this or that internet site, but it is frequently taken. Thus I came up with the Elmer Fudd version with its "off-the-beaten-path" spelling. As you can see from my avatar, I fly hang gliders for fun and fweqwentwy wun widges! - check out my "widgewunner channel" on YouTube for some cheesy videos! :^)

;D ;D ;D

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 04:50 PM »
You hit the nail white on da head!
I can't help but wonder, widgewunner you?