ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA:Embed mouse-over hot spots in/on .jpg image

(1/1)

LumenLux:
Is there a way to put "hot-spots", on a .jpg image?  I have no idea whether you could embed or overlay some kind of transparent button or zone onto the viewed image.  My purpose would be for adding notation that would identify or relate to that portion of the image.  For example:  Three of you collaborate on this project.  The product of your efforts is a program that allows me to take your "group" photo and add text info to identify each of you.  The identification would appear when someone moused over your face, or body, or any other designated area of the image.  Such a "treated" image would need to be readable, ie responsive to a recipient/viewer without additional software beyond any typical image viewer program.

This is beyond my own knowledge to accomplish, but I have seen some amazingly skilled people do some very clever things around this site.  I would really be pleased if this is an idea that makes sense to one of you.

Thanks

justice:
You best use flickr they already allow you to do this from their website.

tsaint:
Have a look at http://www.fototagger.com/ which might meet your requirements

f0dder:
You can't embed this information into a standard image file and have it work with image viewers. But it's quite possible to do for websites,through use of image-maps, for example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version