ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: HexCards

(1/4) > >>

Deozaan:
NANY 2009 Entry Information
Application Name HexCards Version 1.08.2008.12.30 Short Description Card "Battle" Game Supported OSes Windows 98 or newerWeb Page http://hex.deozaan.com/Download LinkHexCards (Windows)System Requirements
* Minimum
500 MHz processor
256 MB RAM
Windows 98
OpenGL or DirectX compatible accelerated 3D video card
* Recommended
1.0 GHz processor
512 MB RAM
Windows XP
nVidia or ATI accelerated 3D video card
Version History
* v1.08.2008.12.30 - Final NANY 2009 Release. Game now highlights winner and automatically starts a new game.
* v0.07.2008.12.11 - Fixed the code to find and store adjacent tiles. Game logic now automatically captures cards.
* v0.06.2008.11.08 - Game board now creates an extra ring of hex tiles for walls.
* v0.05.2008.10.11 - More data is stored to make it easier to find adjacent cards/tiles.
* v0.04.2008.10.08 - Coded to dynamically create board of any size. (alternate board sizes not implemented)
* v0.03.2008.10.07 - Coded to dynamically scale graphics sizes based on tile size.
* v0.02.2008.10.06 - Streamlined creation of hex shapes for various uses (playing cards, board tiles, hand tiles, etc.).
* v0.01.2008.10.05 - First playable prototype.Author Deozaan

Description
HexCards is a card game in which two players strategically place hexagonal cards on a playing field to capture the other's cards. Each of the six sides of each card is assigned a numeric value ranging from 1 to 10 (10 is displayed as an "A"). When you place a card on the playing field, you can capture cards in adjacent tiles if the value for that specific side is larger than the value on the adjacent card's side. Watch the video tutorial for a demonstration with instructions for more information.

Features

* It's playable.
Screenshots
The start of a new game.

A game ending in a draw (both players have 4 cards).

Usage
Installation
Unzip into desired directory and run hexCards.exe.

Using the Application
If you're not sure how to play, check out the video tutorial.

Uninstallation
Delete HexCards directory.
It may also save a few kb of harmless data into the Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Craven Entertainment\HexCards\ directory.

Known Issues
No known bugs.

mouser:
great to see a game here  :up:

Perry Mowbray:
Deozaan: you're a dreadful tease, to give so much information, as well as a video, and as much as I've encouraged Teasing in NANY 2009: I think you've got to stop it and let us have a game!!  :P

Deozaan:
I've uploaded attachments of the current version to the original post.

I've never tried building the project for Mac computers so I don't even know if it works, so I need Mac users to test it and let me know if it works.

Also be aware of the following information (already mentioned in the original post): The only way to start a new game is to exit and restart. It doesn't announce a winner.

Perry Mowbray:
Cool: great fun!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version