ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Cusor Wormhole for multi-monitor setup

(1/6) > >>

majorspacecase:
I have dual Mitsubishi "Diamond Pro" 930sb 17" monitors ($5 each from the local Sheriff's Boys Ranch Thrift Store :P).

Invariably I'll need to use the mouse to do something, only to find the cursor is on the other screen.

So my idea, a "Cursor Wormhole". Hit a hotkey (for me the 'Pause/Break' key would be ideal) and the cursor would vanish from one screen and reappear centered on the other screen. Sounds simple, but don't know how difficult implementation would be.

If doable 'Dot Hamn', If not  :-\

BigJim:
I either don't understand the question or don't understand the problem. If both monitors are connected to one (Windows) computer you should be able to just configure the display properties appropriately and move all around both monitors as though they were one. If they're on two different computers then you need Input Director. It's fee and it's fantastic!

majorspacecase:
It's not a problem, it's an inconvenience. My setup is fine, both monitors act as one wide screen (2560 x 1024 pixels), Mouse properties are configured to my liking. But using my trackball to physically move the cursor across all that real estate takes time (5 rolls of the thumb from the left edge of monitor 1 to the right edge of monitor 2, multiply by the dozens of times a day I have get the cursor from one screen to the other) that could be used more productively.

BigJim:
Ah! OK, I get it now. Seems to me that I once saw a utility that did what you want. But can't find/recall it now. Big help, right! This sounds like a job for our ace utility maker Skrommel.

Do you have the ballistic setting on your mouse properties set fairly high? If so, a quick "flick" of the trackball might throw the cursor to the other screen.

majorspacecase:
I'd tried with ballistic settings at max, still takes 3 rolls to cross. Also that setting is just to touchy for normal use.

I also thought I'd run across just such a utility myself. But hours of search results dealing with "mouse cursor jumping errors", I'd decided to post here where the "Zen Mac Daddies of Coding" hang.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version