ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

'fit to witdth' feature in opera: any way to replicate it on Firefox?

(1/2) > >>

urlwolf:
I love the 'fit to witdth' feature in opera: Is there any way to replicate it on Firefox? That, and assignable shortcuts (the extension that gave that superpower to FF died with the upgrade to 3.0) prevent me to use FF seriously.

When I hit a site that doesn't work on Opera (with google, you are bound to; the new gmail displays wrong in Opera, and today I couldn't even log into google groups), I open FF... to close it again when I'm done because of the lack of those features.

Any ideas on how to get these working? Thanks

city_zen:
I love the 'fit to witdth' feature in opera: Is there any way to replicate it on Firefox?
-urlwolf (December 09, 2008, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe. It's not a sure thing, but perhaps the Default FullZoom Level add-on can do that. Give it a try.

That, and assignable shortcuts (the extension that gave that superpower to FF died with the upgrade to 3.0)
-urlwolf (December 09, 2008, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you talking about keyconfig? It's true that it's not listed any more on the Mozilla Add-ons website, but it seems to be alive at the mozillaZine Forums (last update: Sept 28th 2008)
I haven't tried it, so I can't confirm if it actually works with Firefox 3.0.x , but it probably does. Again, you lose nothing by trying

Hope it helps

urlwolf:
Thanks city_zen.
No default zoom is not what I meant, but it's handy nonetheless.
And yes keyconfig was the plugin I was looking for.

Still, the 'fit to width' thing seems to be not there for firefox. Surprising.

mwang:
Default FullZoom Level does do "fit to width", doesn't it? Well, at least it does for me.

urlwolf:
mwang:
no it doesn't. It scales down the fonts (!). It's stupid, it goes from unreadable because of long lines to unreadable because of small fonts.

What opera does is to 'force wrap'. It's a really smart idea. Try it.
This is particularly important if you use portrait screens.

I realized I asked this before a year ago or so:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7234.0

No solutions, I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version