ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How will the Earth end?

<< < (7/19) > >>

Cpilot:
You know I kind of agree with Carol Haynes here, although I don't think it will be quite as dramatic as she does.
I think the human species will breed itself into stupidity and one day while it is raining all the humans will look into the sky with their mouths open and drown.
If you doubt it then check this out:
Sprinkler Rainbow Conspiracy
I'd say we're well on our way.

Deozaan:
Why is it bull-Carol Haynes (December 14, 2008, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I admit I overreacted. Calling the human race "the human cancer" is mostly what I was referring to as a load of bull. On top of that, your statement was put matter-of-factly instead of as a personal statement of belief or opinion.

I, too, am getting sick and tired of what humanity has seemingly become, as portrayed by the media, but I do not in anyway believe that we've really become so bad as to be considered a cancer or that we're even really as bad as the media makes us out to be. Everything we see in the news and on TV focuses so much on the negative, it's easy to think that's how people really are. And maybe you can't relate to this in the same way since you're from the UK, but I believe that underneath the cold exterior, people are really people like they were on September 12th, 2001.

Even Anne Frank, in the middle of the Nazi's extermination of the Jews said "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are truly good at heart."

It is my opinion that we need less cynics who think the human race is equivalent to a cancer and more people with hope and faith in the goodness of people. Please don't misunderstand that statement. I'm not saying the world would be better off without you, Carol. What I'm saying is the world would be better off if you made the choice to have faith in the goodness of others, rather than assuming the worst of humanity.

Mahatma Gandhi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

40hz:
I stand by my comment - the only real hope for most other species on this planet is human extinction
-Carol Haynes (December 14, 2008, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

'Giving up does not absolve us of the responsibility to do what is right." :)

CleverCat:
(Psalm 104:5) . . .He has founded the earth upon its established places; It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.

:Thmbsup:

mahesh2k:
"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure."

- Agent Smith: The Matrix.

=> Now i'm damn sure if Humans don't survive Machine will make this planet a much better place to live. Salute to agent smith.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version