ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How will the Earth end?

<< < (6/19) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Sorry to disillusion you but impacts and tidal waves won't destroy the Earth, and neither will global warming.

They may destroy humanity, maybe even life as we know it (impacts and global warming have done both in the past) but ultimately the only real hope for the planet and all other lifeforms is the extinction of the human cancer. It will come (probably sooner than humans think) and all the little furry and scaly things will learn to hold up a middle digit and laugh!

Edit - grief I got up in a good mood today .... mumble ...

f0dder:
Carol: you're right in all of your points :)

Given the poll options, I still interpret the meaning as "destroy humanity" rather than "destroy the earth", though.

40hz:
but ultimately the only real hope for the planet and all other lifeforms is the extinction of the human cancer
-Carol Haynes (December 11, 2008, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hope not.

Deozaan:
but ultimately the only real hope for the planet and all other lifeforms is the extinction of the human cancer.-Carol Haynes (December 11, 2008, 04:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Haha! What a load of bull!

Carol Haynes:
Why is it bull - in the past 4.6 billion years there have been numerous mass extinctions caused by traumatic natural causes. There is currently a world wide mass extinction in progress (and more rapid than any of the others the world has witnessed). We have the dubious honour of being the only species in history that has modified the planet to such an extent that life for many species has become impossible or extremely difficult, and even when those endangered species are identified what do humans do - hunt them down and exterminate them.

I stand by my comment - the only real hope for most other species on this planet is human extinction - and the way things are going on in the world today I would guess it won't be long before that is provided by a religiously based nuclear holocaust.

I'm feeling cheerful tonight - at least the ants will survive!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version