ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Crush Cryptonizer

<< < (7/8) > >>

Crush:
Thank you for your hint, Andr3w! I´m only a funcoder who wanted to release just in time some small utils for the NANY challenge and in this phase codechanges can result in problems like this. Coders are still human.
Why don´t you tell me in your first post about this memory-problem :huh:?

After decoding for checking the results I forgot to release them again ... a rather silly error that didn´t influenced the functuality or security, because I filled it with zeroes. I repaired this now in the new release Crush Cryptonizer V1.1b and inserted some other small fixes and security features like the standard keylength setted to a prime number, a shorted output message (only the first 256 Bytes of the file datas are shown). The OTP now deactivates the password field and doesn´t stays in memory till direct deletion. In further releases the OTP can be combined with it. If you selected an OTP and want to release the password field again you only have to press escape in the OTP fileselection dialogue or endecode something with it.

When you aren´t a coder why are you so hot on looking at the full source? Your most important questions should be answered with the encryption routine. I´d say the source declares all impotant by itself. Some variables are created with the dialog and are static as long as it´s not closed again. Functions fill them with file information and endecrypted code. Other tables like the random-number-table of random.org or the calculated salt are directly allocated with new and delete, capsulated in an own class that is directly created before and after endecryption. There´s no magic inside the code :)

I also don´t think I created something new ... all you see is still standard encryptions like +-*/ xors, swaps and shifts .. nothing special, right? I decided not to use fixed slide and coding matrices (that are much faster compared to this with the focus on realtime cryptography) to get some other advantages that I´m paying with a rather slow speed. I only broke all predefined rules of standard encryption routines and so rise the ladder of security.

Andr3w:
I want to look at the full source code because I think I could learn much about implementing the mathematical structure of cryptography in the structure of a "normal" program code. Which means the GUI and so on...

I hadn't remarked the memory problem untill my second post ...

If you don't want to realease the source code just say it =), i will stop asking you instantly. ^^

Greetings

Crush:
I posted the sourcecode now, please write back if you have any suggestions or ideas!

Joel Mayer:
Dear Mister Crush-
In addition to decrypting a message encrypted by your software. Does your software decrypt messages encrypted by other means (algorithms)? Could I feed it a page of encrypted text, wait for a while, and then see decrypted text?

f0dder:
Dear Mister Crush-
In addition to decrypting a message encrypted by your software. Does your software decrypt messages encrypted by other means (algorithms)? Could I feed it a page of encrypted text, wait for a while, and then see decrypted text?-Joel Mayer (May 02, 2010, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not possible when (proper) encryption is applied - unless you have patience to wait more than the lifetime of the universe :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version