ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: LifeSaver diary

<< < (6/12) > >>

CWuestefeld:
I've just uploaded the official first release, version 1.0.3288. The original post has been updated to reflect the changes:

* Add EULA to installer and About box
* Fix installer to overwrite old version
* Fix bug where changing entry body text forced rebuild of calendar
* Fix bug where XML export didn't close file immediately
* Add meta data to XML export
* Remove BETA warningsThe screenshot has been updated to match the changes to the app's look. And the app itself has been uploaded to my normal repository, as well as attached to the original post.

Folks, January First is a great day to start keeping a diary of your own 

redstarnyc:
I just downloaded this app.  Thanks so much for developing this.  I've been looking for this sort of app for a long time.  Keep up the great work.  Yet another genius at DC.

ssoundman:
Nice work, CWuestefeld! I've been looking for a diary like this for a long time... ever since the one on my Palm PDA refused to work with my latest hardware. So frustrating to lose your info because of an inability to save data in a common format! Good idea and good job on implementing it.  :Thmbsup:

Can I make an observation or two?

I just downloaded/installed version 1.0.3288. The navigational buttons for moving between entries are really close to the calendar buttons, and I clicked on one of the calendar navigational buttons by accident, after entering some things into an entry. When I went back to look later I realized that some info was missing, so I did a little test, typing in some numbers in this series: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 (with no space after the 1) and the only thing which was saved was the data prior to 5, 4, 3 (with no space after the 3). It appears that the last 6 characters I type are lost if I click on a navigational button in the calendar itself without clicking on anything else first.

Questions: Is it possible to relocate those Entry navigation buttons to the area immediately above the list of entries (or perhaps incorporate a Save button)? Also, is it possible to make the font style and size preferences permanent?

Thanks a lot for all the work you did on your diary program. I don't suppose you might port it into a Palm OS-compatible application?   :D

CWuestefeld:
Thanks for trying it, ssoundman.

I just downloaded/installed version 1.0.3288. The navigational buttons for moving between entries are really close to the calendar buttons, and I clicked on one of the calendar navigational buttons by accident ...

Is it possible to relocate those Entry navigation buttons to the area immediately above the list of entries (or perhaps incorporate a Save button)?-ssoundman (January 09, 2009, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Honestly, I've done the same thing. But I don't want to move the prev/next arrows as you said, because my intent is to add Tagging to the app, and the buttons would move between similarly-tagged entries when in that mode. Let me give it some more thought.

I thought that it should automatically save whenever the HTML editor loses focus, but perhaps I missed something there. I'll put that down as a bug and see what I can do.

is it possible to make the font style and size preferences permanent?
-ssoundman (January 09, 2009, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not as such. But I was thinking of allowing you to apply a CSS style sheet to editor, which would get much the same effect. How does that sound?

I don't suppose you might port it into a Palm OS-compatible application?   :D
-ssoundman (January 09, 2009, 01:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, no chance of PalmOS. The whole thing is written for .Net, and I don't think that Mono runs there, does it? Perhaps I will make a PocketPC/SmartPhone version.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues.

ssoundman:
Not as such. But I was thinking of allowing you to apply a CSS style sheet to editor, which would get much the same effect. How does that sound?
-CWuestefeld (January 09, 2009, 07:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that would probably work fine. Thanks for being flexible. :)

I figured that asking you to port it to PalmOS would be asking a lot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version