ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Funny, Strange, and Confusing Error Messages

<< < (2/4) > >>

fenixproductions:
2Deozaan

I didn't realize that Ctrl-C would work if the message box wouldn't let me select the text with my mouse.-Deozaan
--- End quote ---
Many people don't know either :)

As for the verity of those screenshots, I took the first two myself. So if you still think they're photoshopped or faked, thanks for letting me know you think I'm a liar.-Deozaan
--- End quote ---

I don't think that. I am simply sceptical since I know that writing:

--- ---MsgBox "Can't joke properly!", 16, "Windows XP" in notepad is not so hard :)

After all, I didn't say that I don't believe in all of them.

app103:
Here are my 3 favorites that all occurred on my old pc:

AOL 5.0 would give you an error message if you tried to join an empty chatroom:

This is why I hate DRM. A music CD refused to allow me to play it in the media player of my choice, and insisted I use the player contained on the CD, instead. But there is only a few applications capable of playing CD's on that computer, and it sure wasn't on that CD.

Moving data from one drive to another can be a royal pain in the butt on that PC, sometimes:

Deozaan:
I don't think that. I am simply sceptical since I know that writing:

--- ---MsgBox "Can't joke properly!", 16, "Windows XP" in notepad is not so hard :)
-fenixproductions (December 09, 2008, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

That might be true, but plain text is a lot easier to fake than a screen shot.

In any case, maybe we should open the thread up to some funny error messages that may or may not be genuine. But I guess there are already entire websites devoted to that.

f0dder:
Screenshots are more fun anyway, and some dialogs can't be Ctrl+C'ed anyway (some developers love custom dialogs and don't just use a MessageBox() call).

I prefer genuine error messages btw, the fake ones are often not that funny. I should have a search for the various BSODs and other oddities I've snapped around town :)

Josh:
Here is one that just popped up on me at foxitsoftware.com when choosing to "Purchase Foxit PDF Creator (Upgrade)".

Seems like they do not have confidence in their products if they are already telling me the product is "Fail." ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version