ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

80db max noise detector or fixer (or something like that)?

(1/2) > >>

vizacc:

hi,
got an interesting question...

sometimes noise gets really noisy here and I can't tell if the speaker is too loud / or someone is speaking waay too loud, or needs to reduce down speaker volume...

is there an app or utility which :

a) from microphone, reduce down input from 100db to 70db (or below) ... ?
b) from speaker, if someone speaks too loud, auto-adjust speaker volume to max 80db. (Cut off anything above 80db.) ?

for PC / Intel 80x86/Windows XP.

scancode:
You mean something like a compressor/limiter for voice chat? Or am I completely nuts?

vizacc:

hi,

you play some sound or Mp3 music. for 30 secs -- 30-40db and for 10 secs - 90-100db.

what i would like is during the 10secs, <something> would auto-detect the loudness at 90-100db range during the 10 secs and then lower speaker volume and after the 10 secs, put back volume to normal

any idea?

scancode:

hi,

you play some sound or Mp3 music. for 30 secs -- 30-40db and for 10 secs - 90-100db.

what i would like is during the 10secs, <something> would auto-detect the loudness at 90-100db range during the 10 secs and then lower speaker volume and after the 10 secs, put back volume to normal

any idea?

-vizacc (December 07, 2008, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can do it... Can you pop into IRC so we can sort it out?

f0dder:
What you really should do is process your mp3 library with ReplayGain, and use an mp3 player than supports RG :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version